Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2016, 04:45 PM

Tatyana K is on a distinguished road

In the end, I opened this topic for advised on MY situation. Let's close our discussion.
Old 11-03-2016, 04:46 PM

In the end, I opened these topic for advise on relocation, not to discuss what we do, Lets close it
Old 11-03-2016, 04:47 PM

lets close this discussion, I opened topic for other reasons
Old 11-03-2016, 04:56 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatyana K View Post
lets close this discussion, I opened topic for other reasons

You asked a question and got an answer. Then you stated that people dont know the details when you didnt like the answer. Tell us what the details are. Why did he turn his back on the child? Why did he change his mind? How does he hide money etc.? You make all these accusations to support why you want to move but you view your childs best interests as immaterial. Then when your flawed thinking is called into question, you want to quit talking.

A judge will ask a great deal of questions similar to this an more. How will this move benefit the child? What activities will be put in place to accommodate the childs access to their other parent?

If what you're saying about your ex is true then OCL will look for this and report on it. You could call these people who don't like the father as witnesses to support your case and if you live in a location that has an enforcement agency, why haven't you filed your agreement for support recovery?

You cant ask a loaded question about what YOU want as it relates to your childs BEST INTERESTS without getting some push back. If you think you're right you would not have come here for input.
Old 11-03-2016, 04:59 PM

Thank you Arabian for good advise
Old 11-03-2016, 05:19 PM

Rockscanner, I gave all info needed.

I just don't want to discuss who is right, who is wrong, everyone here is probably traumatised by their situations and I understand it but I only came for advise on legal issue.

Some things which you question I don't know or they are not related to this potential case. Father's money is not related to this case, only in a way that he does not pay Section 7 and puts himself not in a good position this way. I pay it all myself, it is cheaper than going to court, if I have to, I can always do motion and ask him to pay what he owes.

Why he turned back to child, I don't know for sure, probably paternal instincts and in the meantime, he enjoys making my life miserable by suing me non-stop.

OCL, I think I should stay away from them, this is unpredictable service.

I told the situation which relates to relocation case, and I only wanted advise on it. I, obviously, want to review access and give same as what he has now and support child-father communication and consider travel expenses and reduction of child support and think of how to arrange child's life in new place with school, activities etc.
Old 11-03-2016, 05:26 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

In a thread requesting information on relocation requirements and issues, there should not be a debate about shared custody. If posters wish to discuss the pros and cons of shared custody, they can start a thread in the political forum.

Arabian, thanks for keeping it on track.
Old 11-03-2016, 05:54 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

I think you have an up hill battle trying to move the child. It doesn't matter what happened when the child was first born, the fact is you now have an order that lays out access and it seems like there is a clause that is allowing further access as the years go on. You are now wanting to stop this order. You have to understand that what you propose to the father has to be reasonable and think of it this way. if the father were to propose the exact situation to you, would you accept it?

You you accept that the father have sole custody and he drives the child to you once a month and if you want to see the child the other weekend you drive to the child? Unfortunately you have not given many good reasons as to why your move would be granted. Yes you would want a motion to change, but its not that easy. You need to PROVE why it is in the best interest of the child and you have failed to do that based on what you have written here.

My suggestion is to try and work with the father without court. Most likely he won't agree to losing his child and he will most likely go to court to block your move. You need to be prepared and have a detailed parenting plan as to how you plan to make sure the child still has a meaningful relationship with his father. Everything has to be about the child, not about you or your finance.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:54 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdreamy View Post
In a thread requesting information on relocation requirements and issues, there should not be a debate about shared custody. If posters wish to discuss the pros and cons of shared custody, they can start a thread in the political forum.

Arabian, thanks for keeping it on track.
Okay .. I thought I stayed on track but I can reword for you McDreamy

My advice is not to relocate to another country as that does not facilitate the stability the child requires nor does it help facilitate a relationship with both parents.

Stick around and perhaps work on shared custody with the father on a graduated basis, which for some reason you are currently against.

Apologies if it's not what you want to hear.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:58 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

you say the child needs stability and that he is doing good. A judge will look at the fact you are basically ripping the child away from the father.

Look at it this way, if you were the father would you permit it? Better yet, give custody to the Dad and you see the child every other weekend. Not acceptable to you? Then why should it be acceptable to the father and the courts? You need to come up with a better way to make it more acceptable..
Closed Thread