Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2016, 05:13 PM

Tatyana K is on a distinguished road

he is 36 y.o. Bachelor's done at 22, Ph D done at 27, Postdoctorate done at 30, Tenure got at 36. Some of my friends got their tenure at 33,
Old 11-04-2016, 07:39 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

If love, stability and family are truly the priority in the relationship, over finances, than he would understand your situation with the child needing to remain here and have no issue with moving here instead of you moving there, even if it meant taking a different, potentially lesser paying position.

It IS about love, after all, not money.....right?
Old 11-04-2016, 07:41 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Keep in mind a move may warrant a material change triggering the need of a fresh inquiry as to what is in the best interests of the child. And that may very well be that the child should stay back with dad and that you and our new partner have every other weekend access

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-2016, 07:51 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Good point, I'm always a huge fan of the 'offering' parent putting themselves through the 'willingness' test: Would you be willing to accept this offer made to you? And if not, why on earth do you think the other parent should be?
Old 11-04-2016, 08:22 PM

Tatyana K is on a distinguished road

if everyone was passing willingness test, there won't be lawyers and judges needed in this world. With this logic I can ask the father of my child, if he was in my shoes, giving birth, being alone and I would show up two years after willing TO GET 50/50 CUSTODY. manipulating my income, making false claims in court at which judges were laughing but which caused a lot of nerve to the family, like driving flat tire, not taking child to doctors etc. I doubt he would give me what he wants himself if he was in my shoes. I even think if I died, he would be very happy that he owes child, a fact that child has no mother anymore won't make him feel sorry for the child.''about my partner moving here, long story short, there are different things that hold him there, we never discussed options like that as we believe in success. I honestly think the worst comes to worst, I would have agreed to have one more child and live here with two children for next 7 years and then maybe my child will give his own opinion with whom he wants to live and I can re-unite with my true family. I think too many people would suffer in this scenario, versus father of my child even has money to buy apartment in new town and just work from there as Us can allow several months visits. However, yes, he makes our lives very difficult . I can't even imagine if child knew would his father did to us, how upset he would get. I hope at least I won't have to go to court when child understand it all. maybe in 5 years he will stop doing it.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:52 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

Awesome...

Last edited by mcdreamy; 11-04-2016 at 09:59 PM. Reason: eta: personal attack
Old 11-04-2016, 10:18 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

A good discussion on mobility issues to consider, and some great case law posted for the OP and anyone else considering a relocation to review.
Closed Thread