Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2008, 11:21 AM

bushboar is on a distinguished road
Default "Relationship of some permanence"

Does anyone know whether there are any court decisions out there which set a guideline for what a "relationship of some permanence" actually means with respect to a relationship with a child under the Family Law Act of Ontario?
Old 09-04-2008, 01:18 PM

FL_Needs_To_Change has a spectacular aura aboutFL_Needs_To_Change has a spectacular aura about

Having had a child together void an actual marriage implies that the relationship had significant permanance. Basically meaning that there was an intention to have a devoted relation, IE a one night stand that resulted in an child is definatly NOT considered here.
However if you had entered a relationship and felt that this was the one, or this is the person I could spend the rest of my life with, etc. then it was a relationship of some permanance.

Ontario Spousal Support Obligations

"A "spouse" means either a man or a woman who (a)are married to each other or (b)are not married to each other and are living in a conjugal relationship (i) continuously for a period of not less than three years or (ii)in a relationship of some permanance, if they are the natural or adoptive parents of a child both as defined in the Family Law Act,

This site is pretty good at answering commonlky asked quesions.
Closed Thread