Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2015, 12:24 PM

bautista27 is on a distinguished road

What is and what are people's comments on using Our Family Wizard?
Old 09-28-2015, 08:55 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

According to the advertised literature the program is set up court-ready and eliminates non-child specific dialogue. I notice often in reading cases on CanLii that judges order this for high-conflict cases.

I could never understand why people wouldn't demand this - perhaps they know it would dramatically cut out all of the high drama? 100.00/year is cheap for peace of mind.

Would be interesting to hear people's opinions on the software (people who, unlike myself, who have actually used it).
Old 09-28-2015, 11:03 PM

blendedinsanity is on a distinguished road

We are really hoping the judge orders it for a few reasons. One it allows you to set up filters so all abusive, swearing, etc. messages aren't delivered. Two it saves the aggravation of digging through emails, in my partner's case almost 3000, to find the relevant ones. Three because he's "hoping" she will be on her best behavior if she knows that it is all being documented. Personally I don't think it's going to stop her at all - she continued after he had a restraining order against her because she assaulted him and she has been charged with criminal harassment against another former partner - but I really hope I'm wrong because this has all been very hard on him and their sons. Some peace would be nice for everyone, particularly the boys.