Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2015, 01:13 PM

plainNamedDad44 is on a distinguished road
Default QUESTION: Settlement conference vs. Case Conference

Hello community,

I have served STBX's lawyer with a settlement conference brief. She instead is pushing for a case conference. One was held, quite some time ago in a different jurisdiction. (STBX up and moved children from Ottawa to Toronto).

STBX's lawyer is saying case conference is required in current jurisdiction. Is this true ? I would like to move things to trial.

Can I move ahead with settlement conference if STBX lawyer will not provide a preferred date for SC ? If she does not provide a brief ?

As always, thank you.

PND
Old 07-16-2015, 03:04 PM

plainNamedDad44 is on a distinguished road

All, I have established that I can proceed with my settlement conference. Nothing in the Rules precludes this. If STBX lawyer has a problem with it she can file a 14B motion and let the Judge decide.

Hope this info helps someone else.

Thank you all for you help.