Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2017, 12:37 PM

neverwhere is on a distinguished road
Default Procedural Advice - Amending Application

Hello all - I will be brief.

We filed an Application with the SCJ regarding spousal support. Our application has already been amended once after the Respondent served their answer. This was part of an Order from Justice "Black."

At a case conference, the Respondent was then given permission by the court in an Order by Justice "Smith" to amend their application, and we have been given two weeks to further amend our application.

My question is this:

How do you alter an already amended application? Do you leave all the stikeouts, underline, and margins and just add the new information underlined? Does it have to distinguish between the first amended application and the subsequent changes, other than underlining?

As required, our current amended application has written in the margin "pursuant to the family law rules and the Order of Justice "Black" dated..."

Would we then add "pursuant to the family law rules and the Order of Justice "Smith" dated..." so both are listed?

I've googled and this seems to be a fairly specific question. Thanks!