Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2013, 10:32 PM

now i see the moon is on a distinguished road
Default printing all my emails

I would like all of my emails for use during my trial.

Does anyone know of a a way to efficiently print all the emails that I have in my Outlook email "divorce" folder? I'd rather not have to click on each of the 100s of emails to print. I'd rather not print at work (for obvious reasons of ethics), so I've saved my emails in a pst file. But do I have to pay for a converter or is there something obvious I'm missing?

I also have a duplicate set of emails in gmail. Would that be easier?
Old 05-09-2013, 11:15 AM

dad2bandm is on a distinguished road

Since you're mentioning a .pst file, I assume you mean Outlook, the email client software...and not the online Outlook.com email service?

You should just be able to highlight the emails you want to print (multiple emails, or all of them), and then just pick File, Print. That will print them out.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:16 AM

You might want to be aware, if attachments are in these emails, as that might cause you issues in printing.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:50 AM

Thanks for the info d2bandm. Yes, Outlook the email client software. I just tried it. 3000 pages. sigh. Some culling is definitely in order. And yes, many of them have attachments. Part of my issue also is that I don't want to print at work but don't have Outlook at home so can't do anything with my pst file at home (or Business Depot, let's say).
Old 05-09-2013, 11:54 AM

If this is for court, perhaps you can ask your lawyer (if you have one) what they often do in this case? Perhaps giving them an exported file is enough, for them to print off, what they need?

Perhaps this is easier through Gmail (since you mentioned you have duplicates stored there?)

I get overwhelmed with the emails I have to keep as well.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:38 PM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

I'm having the same issue for an upcoming trial in June.

I'm trying to re-classify my email into different folders based on "issue type" but its been difficult. I've been trying to print out batches each week and sort them in the evening.

Between email and paper files, its amazing how much crap you have to store for divorce.

I really look forward to the day that I can start purging documents. It will probably coincide with my youngest child graduating from university.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:50 PM

dinkyface will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by now i see the moon View Post
Part of my issue also is that I don't want to print at work but don't have Outlook at home so can't do anything with my pst file at home (or Business Depot, let's say).
Download CutePDF (freeware) that lets you 'print to a pdf file', then take the pdf file home to print.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:19 PM

NBDad is on a distinguished road

Agree with Dinky...the attachments themselves shouldn't cause you issues, unless you wanted to ALSO print the attachments.

By default Outlook 2010 will give you the ability to print in MEMO style, which should give you what you want.

Install a PDF writer like CutePDF or NitroPDF, and PRINT TO FILE. If you can get it to a PDF, you can use Adobe Reader and print it pretty much whereever.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:21 PM

Thanks! off to investigate conversion to pdf.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:56 PM

Alright. This might not work. I will not be able to install CutePDF at work. That's where my emails are. However, I can create a pst file and carry that on a memory stick to my home computer, which does NOT have outlook. I use gmail.

Is there any way I can convert a pst file that I've exported from Outlook into pdf/word/rtf, without having outlook on my computer?

Many thanks to any of the tekkies out there.