Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2011, 07:02 PM

SillyMe is on a distinguished road

The very reason you feel all those emotions about the polygraph means, it worked and you didn't fail, you passed. You are nervous, unsure and off balance. Like WW7 said, it is an interrogation tool or, manipulation tool. Look at the whole picture; they haven't got anything but, I bet the dad is going to be really nervous about taking one. They are painting a picture they want you to fall into.

When I took the test; the test itself was no more then 5 minutes. The interrogation leading up to the actual test was 20X that. Part of the process is to give you a break before the real test...last chance to run I bet. Everything is not as it would seem...I bet you a dollar on that. And sorry to say but, by the sounds of your post you sound senior so, shame on them putting you through all that.

WW7, nothing ever lasts forever.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:49 PM

avonannie is on a distinguished road

yes I am the great grandmother 56 so not that old but not that young I am hoping they realize that the mother is guilty before that, apparently the polygraph person , who says there is only one in ont who can do it, is away until jan , we go to court on the 9th, CAS is on my hit list as well, they let the mother and child live in a womans shelter because her mom kicked her out with out telling us where the child was, and I think the mother knew the judge would give her to the dad on our court date which was supposed to be this week, when she found out where they were living, suspicious yes, hmmmmmmmm
Old 12-17-2011, 12:32 AM
Banned

danzuchy is on a distinguished road

1) No one in the Justice system except the police acknowledge that the Polygraph is a reliable test. It is considered pseudo-science and most Judges won't even DISCUSS the polygraph much less put any validity into it. Every single Judge I have come across resents the polygraph and rolls their eyes of it. I know for fact, that is considered lazy investigating by the police. If they want a polygraph from you that means they have ZERO evidence and you are, most likely, being rail roaded into a confession.
2) CAS can't order or use a polygraph against you. It sounds like you have been given bad advice and need a competent lawyer pronto
3) Police lie and twist facts. When they investigate they pick "the bad" guy and you are it- you will "fail" the polygraph

You need to get a lawyer. Always refuse a polygraph as any INDEPENDENT study of them will tell you flipping a coin is more accurate.

PS. You give CAS too much credit. They have a lot of "power" but that power can easily be curbed by a Judge. I can't picture any Judge listening to "polygraph evidence' and taking the case against you seriously.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyMe View Post
The very reason you feel all those emotions about the polygraph means, it worked and you didn't fail, you passed. You are nervous, unsure and off balance. Like WW7 said, it is an interrogation tool or, manipulation tool. Look at the whole picture; they haven't got anything but, I bet the dad is going to be really nervous about taking one. They are painting a picture they want you to fall into.

When I took the test; the test itself was no more then 5 minutes. The interrogation leading up to the actual test was 20X that. Part of the process is to give you a break before the real test...last chance to run I bet. Everything is not as it would seem...I bet you a dollar on that. And sorry to say but, by the sounds of your post you sound senior so, shame on them putting you through all that.

WW7, nothing ever lasts forever.
That's why YOU NEVER TAKE A POLYGRAPH. Police like it because they control the outcome. If they don't like you- you fail.They like you- You pass.

Don't kid yourself. I took part in numerous polygraph tests. It's bunk science. The only ones who say "it works" are the manufacturers of this bunk science tool. You might as well ask the cops to get a psychic.

"[Polygraph screening] is completely without any theoretical foundation and has absolutely no validity...the diagnostic value of this type of testing is no more than that of astrology or tea-leaf reading."

Former Supervisory Special Agent
Dr. Drew C. Richardson,
FBI Laboratory Division

Last edited by danzuchy; 12-17-2011 at 12:41 AM.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterwolf7 View Post
What about motions? I honestly have never been inside a court room yet, but aren't motions basically decided on an "it seemed like a good idea at the time" basis?

They threatened to my partner that unless she "voluntarily" agreed to their access restrictions, they would file a motion to remove my access.

And it's the apprehension of the children at all that worries her. They have her scared that any resistance on her part will result in immediate and swift removal of her children, despite the fact that we do not live together.
So what? Fight the "motion" and ask for costs. Once this is done, get a civil lawyer and sue CAS. Also a formal complaint to Liar Premier and the Ontario Ombudsman will do a nice little job of pushing for his oversight of CAS.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:54 AM

thanks I am not going to worry about it, I think the truth will come out, its just incredibly slow thats all and CAS are so incopetent its unbelievable
Old 12-17-2011, 12:00 PM

motion was to remove child from mothers care to put in foster home because of bruising on child, severe
Child was apprenended from mother, she blamed dad for putting the bruises on child even though the child was returned to her on sunday night bruise free, she waited until thur because that is when the child would have came back to the father (we would have reported it) to call and report the bruises and take the child to a dr, see the pattern, probably knowing that we had a court date on 21 of december for custody and that she was in a womens shelter which we did not know about because of her own mother kicking her out, etc , so knew the child would probably be place with us, so blame the dad right, in my eyes its all so simple , too bad the so called professionals cannot see it that way as well, meanwhile the child has been with us every weekend for over a year, and none of this, but return her to the mother and this is what happens, then blame the dad, typical I would say , numerous complaints by the dad to cas about the exact same issue ignored completely ,
Old 03-07-2014, 02:39 PM

justletmebhermom is on a distinguished road

im going through similar but perhaps the opposite of..my child has been making allegations against her dad has been touching her and grabbing her face since she was 3 but now that she is older CAS etc so called believed her for a bit and took her to the sexual assault centre to be questioned at age 7now..gave him back access with gf supervising but now they all saying due to my Exes comments to them.. im using Generalized brainwashing to create parent alienation....he recently did his polygraph test and passed...is this possible?..how could she have lied at that age and given the details she did and shown me and her behaviours increased..3 at first telling me then up to the age of 7 still saying...she has been placed in foster care as they think I am putting this into her little head...she is my only..what do I do? my lawyer is now say after I aksed way back..to do a polygraph test to prove my innocence..ive heard and read "a polygraph test is only as good as its tester" my lawyer isn't so great too! He is looking into me getting a polygraph..can I get it anywhere or should I wait and get it through the same name or person..do I have to wait for my lawyer?HELP?
Old 03-07-2014, 03:02 PM

DowntroddenDad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by justletmebhermom View Post
im going through similar but perhaps the opposite of..my child has been making allegations against her dad has been touching her and grabbing her face since she was 3 but now that she is older CAS etc so called believed her for a bit and took her to the sexual assault centre to be questioned at age 7now..gave him back access with gf supervising but now they all saying due to my Exes comments to them.. im using Generalized brainwashing to create parent alienation....he recently did his polygraph test and passed...is this possible?..how could she have lied at that age and given the details she did and shown me and her behaviours increased..3 at first telling me then up to the age of 7 still saying...she has been placed in foster care as they think I am putting this into her little head...she is my only..what do I do? my lawyer is now say after I aksed way back..to do a polygraph test to prove my innocence..ive heard and read "a polygraph test is only as good as its tester" my lawyer isn't so great too! He is looking into me getting a polygraph..can I get it anywhere or should I wait and get it through the same name or person..do I have to wait for my lawyer?HELP?
I would refuse a polygraph.

There is no magic behind polygraphs. They measure physical responses. But humans are widely variable in how they react in stressful situations. Some psychopaths have proven they can get away with lying to polygraphs, while there are at the same time many false positives. The operator is another variable, it really is like reading tea leaves. They do try and establish a baseline by getting you to lie about something obvious (Do you live on the north pole?) but you can get more stressed about a truthful question than an obvious lie.