Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2017, 10:02 AM

Soiled is on a distinguished road

Did you not inquire with the police about the possibility of charging her for false allegations? I would imagine that would assist your case quite a bit if she were to be convicted for that.

If you did ask about it, and the police refused, are you able to explain why they refused?
Old 01-22-2017, 07:58 PM

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
Why do the police now not charge your ex with something?
It is disgusting that people who make false accusations get away with this.
That's their discretion. They can exercise that discretion if they can prove that mom made it all up and lied.

The fact that they couldn't prove it doesn't mean that it was all made up. The cops may have accepted the recording to defuse the allegations but that doesn't necessarily mean that the criminal courts would as well.

I think you should inquire about pressing charges, which I'm sure a good lawyer would have said something about if you took one to the interview with you.

Just out of curiosity, how come you didn't mention the recording to the lawyers?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2017, 08:31 PM

fatherforever1904 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Soiled, I will reply to this question on Tuesday.
(Trust me, this message will make sense on Tuesday).

Old 01-22-2017, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinton View Post
That's their discretion. They can exercise that discretion if they can prove that mom made it all up and lied.

The fact that they couldn't prove it doesn't mean that it was all made up. The cops may have accepted the recording to defuse the allegations but that doesn't necessarily mean that the criminal courts would as well.

I think you should inquire about pressing charges, which I'm sure a good lawyer would have said something about if you took one to the interview with you.

Just out of curiosity, how come you didn't mention the recording to the lawyers?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Hi,

To clarify, in my original post I referred to my lawyer friends in this context. They are the ones who I didn't tell about the recordings.

My family lawyer and my criminal lawyer were aware of the recordings.

Sorry for the confusion.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:17 PM

Smile Update #2

Monday's settlement court was better than any judge Judy's show I've ever seen.

For a total of 20 Minutes, the judge excoriated my STBX for the multiple CAS referrals. Would you like to know how depraved and malicious my SBTX was with her disgusting allegations!? Well, on three of the occasions where she alleged sexual abuse occurred, the STBX did not realize that I was in the company of either a social worker or the assessing psychologist!! The judge called her an abuser of the system. He said that subjecting our child to multiple CAS and Police interviews constituted child abuse by my STBX... and the judge went on... and on...

I can't get into details as we are headed to trial to resolve custody soon. However, the judge ruled in my favour for access today.

To answer your questions about whether or not anything can be done legally to her for her intentional and malicious behaviour. The answer is a categorical and emphatic YES -- and something will be done by the police. :-) :-) :-)

I'll update you when that happens.

Today was a good day.

:-)
Old 01-23-2017, 11:32 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherforever1904 View Post
Monday's settlement court was better than any judge Judy's show I've ever seen.

For a total of 20 Minutes, the judge excoriated my STBX for the multiple CAS referrals. Would you like to know how depraved and malicious my SBTX was with her disgusting allegations!? Well, on three of the occasions where she alleged sexual abuse occurred, the STBX did not realize that I was in the company of either a social worker or the assessing psychologist!! The judge called her an abuser of the system. He said that subjecting our child to multiple CAS and Police interviews constituted child abuse by my STBX... and the judge went on... and on...

I can't get into details as we are headed to trial to resolve custody soon. However, the judge ruled in my favour for access today.

To answer your questions about whether or not anything can be done legally to her for her intentional and malicious behaviour. The answer is a categorical and emphatic YES -- and something will be done by the police. :-) :-) :-)

I'll update you when that happens.

Today was a good day.

:-)
well a nice thing about this being heard in a courtroom is that it is recorded - judge surely has to protect the child from abuse no?

Tags
abuse, allegation, child, false, sexual