Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2014, 10:15 PM

WorkingDAD is on a distinguished road
Default police enforcement clause

Hello All

Subject surface quite often and here is another jem from Justice Pazaratz regarding the issue. I did not have a lot of research on the issue (even thou I did have police enforcement clause in temp order what I likely did not have to use when issue of abduction planning were addressed on ex-parte emergency motion) but from what I saw I think this is by far most comprehensive analysis on the issue.

2014 ONSC 1419 (CanLII)

I would strongly advice to read it before pushing for police endorsement clause. Not short but very qood child focused read.

Hopefully that will save someone couple grand and wasted time in court.

Regards,
WD

Quote:
As Justice Quinn recently commented in a footnote in 2013 ONSC 5216 (CanLII), 2013 ONSC 5216:

“When parties involve police in their access disputes, they might as well climb onto the roof of their house, straddle the peak, and, with outreached arms, proclaim to the heavens that they have failed as parents and as human beings.”
Old 04-04-2014, 04:32 PM

drainedbysystem is on a distinguished road

For those ppl who are divorcing abusive ppl then u need it. Sometimes u need the police to enforce an agreement. Esp when the other parent is a loose canon.