Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2014, 11:55 AM

paco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
This is the BC case to which I was referring to:

J.C.W. v. J.K.R.W., 2014 BCSC 488 (CanLII), <CanLII - 2014 BCSC 488 (CanLII)

If your daughter is showing outward signs of exhibiting resistance to going with you on your access days then I would be very, very concerned.
Thanks Arabian for sharing this.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2014, 12:01 PM

How a court order can be enforced when one party is constantly breaching it by talking negatively and in a disparaging way about the other in front of the kids?

Old 03-28-2014, 12:07 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

I found the case interesting for many reasons.

I didn't know there were "reintegration" counselling places.

I found the reports from the experts to be quite interesting and my take on their analysis was that the mother and b/f, in some instances, quite possibly weren't even aware that their actions would be considered 'alienation?'
Old 03-28-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paco View Post
How a court order can be enforced when one party is constantly breaching it by talking negatively and in a disparaging way about the other in front of the kids?

I believe you would hire a team of psychologists to assess the children and then file an application for temporary full custody (as the father did in the case cited), intervention by way of intensive family therapy?

Of course the process would be extremely costly. I wonder if there is an accredited Re-integration Centre in your province? You could possibly get information on how to handle your situation from them thus avoiding an expensive trial?
Old 03-28-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
I believe you would hire a team of psychologists to assess the children and then file an application for temporary full custody (as the father did in the case cited), intervention by way of intensive family therapy?

Of course the process would be extremely costly. I wonder if there is an accredited Re-integration Centre in your province? You could possibly get information on how to handle your situation from them thus avoiding an expensive trial?
That's what I'm looking for, OCL finished their investigation and they finalized their report, they even didn't considere my concerns regarding PAS, despite that they recommended sole custody for mother. I was able to obtain a court order that clearly states that neither parents to talk in a negative way about the other parent in front of the kids, so the problem is that she continuously is breaching it, every time kids are coming to me I hear lots of bs about me. It should be a legal way to enforce it, unless I call the cops.

Old 03-28-2014, 02:16 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

The advice from a lawyer was- unless you want to spend money and time in the courts, theres nothing you can do. And like a few people said, the best you can do is provide a positive atmosphere for the kids. They will see through it. My cousin goes through this with his kids as well as my partner. Just make a commitment to them that you will be the bigger person and hope that eventually they will see it that way. Remember too that the kids are in the middle and have to please the person they spend the most time with. Im sure its hard on your daughter to have to sit and listen and then have to spend time with you. Reassure her youre not going to do the same and that your time with her is not going to include that. Be honest and firm about it: "im sorry your mother feels that way but i will not discuss this with you" "its unfortunate youre being spoken to about this, i would prefer that we leave this information/discussion out of our time together". As long as your ex knows it causes a problem, annoys you, or impacts your time, she will continue to do it.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:18 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Also, teenage girls are dramatic. Regardless of what you say or do. So keep that in mind. Hiding with her ipod could also be a result of a number of things...dad doesnt understand how hard my life is, i cant do the things i want at dads house, i ccant spend time with my friends because im with dad etc.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:32 PM

Thanks Rockscan.

Old 03-28-2014, 02:35 PM

Quote:

Arabian, what's the re-integration centre web page for your province so I might find some useful information or something similar for my province, thanks.

Old 03-28-2014, 02:36 PM

Paco weren't you supposed to have a case conference in March? Did you have it?