Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2017, 09:34 PM

Bellbaby is on a distinguished road
Default Payor fleeing, any ideas?

OK so as a last resort. I've submitted for an uncontested trial. Waiting on the judges decision.

Any thoughts on how I can prevent this guy from fleeing?

If he does, any way I can catch him?

Hoping for a brainstorming session here. Please no criticism, it's been a tough road.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:31 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

You cant stop him from fleeing. He has no orders or charges against him. You need to stop stressing yourself out and making yourself crazy. He will do what he wants until there is an order against him.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:37 PM

My brain agrees with you. My stress level doesn't lol. This is a nightmare. How do people love through this stuff?
Old 01-13-2017, 10:44 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Theres a thread on coping with stress and helpful tips. Seriously though, theres nothing you can do. Hes proven himself a deadbeat in many instances. Go through the process, get an order, file with FRO and then get on with your life. Spending your time trying to beat him or win against him or punish him or whatever will only make you crazy. You and your child deserve more than that.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:54 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

I survived enormous stress by being extremely angry... my anger drove me to be able to wind up our company, fight my ex on corporate, criminal and family court matters. I don't recommend that to anyone. I did what I had to do.

After I regrouped I did what I have done in years when our business wasn't doing so well... I considered the 'worst-case scenario'...realistic personal limits of exposure and stress.... then I made a plan.

You will find your way of coping. You very well may be in the midst of a decent plan of action right now. You are talking (on this forum) and getting feedback... many people are immobilized and so overwhelmed by things they can't get up and get dressed in the morning/afternoon. Don't be hard on yourself. Finally, be prepared for the ride of your life and to live life being the sole provider for your child(ren). I found that making lists helped me immensely. This may seem rather simplistic but I found that it was extremely rewarding to be able to cross things off my various lists.

Focus on the really important things in life.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:11 PM

I think what brought all this up for me, was his gf contacted me again tonight. Bloody Facebook. She told me I was stupid for having three kids, two dad's. No man would want me. That the father should not be punished via child support as he did not want me or the child.

By me feeling attacked like this, I think it reinforced that I think he's going to take off. She's obviously okay with him cheating.

An hour later, Facebook, random message from another girl! Asking who's child my baby was (she searched for the last name and found it in a family Factbook group). I told her. She said he asked her to go out on a date. She tried to add him to Facebook. And found me.

I couldn't believe it
Old 01-13-2017, 11:11 PM

Got to delete the Factbook
Old 01-13-2017, 11:15 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Even if you got all the orders and FRO suspended everything he owns and an order to get rid of his Canadian passport, he will still peace. Do expect him to max-out his credit cards and credit lines before doing so.

He's going to be living a happily ever after life in Thailand or wherever he is going, there is no reason why you shouldn't in Canada. except for the weather, and the system that drove him out of the country and out of his child's life leaving you to support the kids all on your own.

Last edited by trinton; 01-13-2017 at 11:20 PM.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:29 PM

He told me flat out he wants nothing to do with the child. It's so unfortunate
Old 01-13-2017, 11:56 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

I was a brief user of Facebook years ago. I find it way too intrusive. Best thing I did was to limit my use to only posts from a specific group of people from high school.

Don't set yourself up for shit from public stuff. Get off Facebook or limit your contacts. The world is a much better place and no, life does not revolve around social media.