Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2016, 12:35 AM

SadAndTired is on a distinguished road

Drive over the border and fly from a US airport. You only need the child's birth certificate to cross by car.
Old 12-19-2016, 12:55 AM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadAndTired View Post
Drive over the border and fly from a US airport. You only need the child's birth certificate to cross by car.
Bingo. Excellent backup plan.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:16 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

I think it is a great idea.

I'd just save yourself further anxiety and get your travel agent to make the changes. Let your ex think she has succeeded. Tell your daughter nothing besides "we are going on xx date and we are going to Disneyland" - provide no further information.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
I think it is a great idea.

I'd just save yourself further anxiety and get your travel agent to make the changes. Let your ex think she has succeeded. Tell your daughter nothing besides "we are going on xx date and we are going to Disneyland" - provide no further information.
The only outstanding issue is an amended travel consent from the other parent as well as the child's birth certificate.
Old 12-19-2016, 12:32 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Warning to anyone:

If you are in a high conflict divorce... It isn't the best idea to plan a trip out of the country. ^^^ This happens a lot. Best to resolve the parental issues prior to going on a vacation.
Old 12-19-2016, 12:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
Warning to anyone:

If you are in a high conflict divorce... It isn't the best idea to plan a trip out of the country. ^^^ This happens a lot. Best to resolve the parental issues prior to going on a vacation.
What if you're already divorced and want to take your kids to FlorIda during the Christmas break and the other parent won't allow it?
Old 12-19-2016, 04:16 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinton View Post
What if you're already divorced and want to take your kids to FlorIda during the Christmas break and the other parent won't allow it?
My advice stands. High conflict. Don't travel until you resolve the conflict.
Old 12-19-2016, 07:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
My advice stands. High conflict. Don't travel until you resolve the conflict.
I agree with you in a sense but I also disagree with you.

I disagree with you because a case can take many years to be resolved by the courts.

There are 8 weeks of summer holidays and 2 weeks of Christmas holidays and a week of spring holiday throughout a custody proceeding, every year that it progresses.

Travel and vacation is good for kids, it helps them grow and mature and have different life experiences.

To keep a child home all holiday long for the next 5 years just because you're in a custody dispute is completely unreasonable.

Parents should be facilitating travel with the other parent and not frustrating it, especially when there are no genuine concerns and the courts don't have any genuine concerns.

If custody cases resolved within 6 months, then I would agree with you. When they take decades to resolve, that is where I disagree with you.
Old 12-19-2016, 08:17 PM

stripes is on a distinguished road

Florida is not the only holiday destination. Disneyland is not the only place kids will enjoy. Take the kids somewhere in Canada - Vancouver, Halifax and Montreal are all excellent child-friendly destinations. Don't get fixated on the idea that all kids need the Disneyland magic (it is very overrated and not really a mind-broadening experience, unless you're deep into consumerism). Your high-conflict divorce may mean that your travel is restricted (unless you want to spend hours and $$$$$ fighting with Mom about it), but that doesn't mean the kids have to stay home for years.
Old 12-19-2016, 08:32 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

I have a great deal of friends who take their kids to Great Wolf Lodge and love it.

Your ex is going to be extra difficult while the case progresses. Its going to work for you that shes difficult but against you during the situation.

Either you simply request the passport and the letter by a certain date 30 days (or more) in advance and then push an emergency motion when she stalls or you just accept for the next little while youll have to skip these types of vacations.