Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2014, 06:39 PM

MrToronto is on a distinguished road

I know of a few cases where no support was awarded because of the financial costs a parent had traveling to see the child....so if an ex thinks that by going to another jurisdiction with a child is going to win them money... it won't...also I think the Court house where an "action" is started is the Cout House were the ex has to keep traveling back to ...to appear..unless it's agreed to teleconferences...not for a trial though.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:23 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im hoping this wont enter trial. Doesn't legal aid have some sort of $ cap? If so, wouldn't they encourage their client to settle instead of fight?
This is how I see my EM playing out. Judge won't grant the week-about but will grant me some sort of access, such as once per week. I will still consider that a victory. I have to start somewhere. I really cant see the judge agreeing that our daughter shouldn't see her father. Im not Hannibal Lector here. No police involvement for entirety of 8 year relationship. No charges, etc. It will have been over 2 months come the EM on May 1st. I will have 5 minutes or so to prove my case....denying the garbage. If anyone's been following my story, they know I'm child-focused, settlement-focused and will bend over backwards for access at this point.

Mr. Toronto was kind enough to offer this very similar case:
CanLII - 2006 CanLII 15312 (ON SC)