Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2017, 01:09 PM

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default other parent lost their job

if the other parent has lost their job, what effects can this have to a case?

Apart from them not being able to retain counsel any further, I would assume that income would still be imputed based on their latest income, and that there would be no legitimate need for daycare during their job search efforts.

I know consistent employment record looks favorably on parents.
Old 02-11-2017, 01:25 PM

Rioe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinton View Post
if the other parent has lost their job, what effects can this have to a case?

Apart from them not being able to retain counsel any further, I would assume that income would still be imputed based on their latest income, and that there would be no legitimate need for daycare during their job search efforts.

I know consistent employment record looks favorably on parents.
I wouldn't say that a jobseeking parent has no need for child care. It's not like you can bring your kids to an interview!
Old 02-11-2017, 01:30 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

If a matrimonial property has been sold, and funds are being held pending outcome of litigation, a motion can be made to advance a portion of the entitled sale proceeds so party can continue to have legal representation.

I believe that sometimes if one "quits" a daycare they lose their spot which could further impair employment. You would have to check with the individual daycare to see what their policy is.

Is it reasonable to expect someone to schlep their children with them to a job interview?
Old 02-11-2017, 01:38 PM

A one or two days a week daycare, I would understand, but a 5 days a week all summer long type of daycare, just for 1 or 2 one hour interviews a month, doesn't sound right.

That especially with \24hour notice daycare's being available, for $5 a day. Job interviews are most always given at least 24 hours notice.

Arrangements could always be made to allow the access parent to have time while they are going to the interview, and

if child is in school say 8 - 3:30, the parent could arrange interviews to be in morning or early afternoon.

why create unnecessary cost and stick a child in daycare all week long just for 1 or 2 hour interviews a month

Last edited by trinton; 02-11-2017 at 01:45 PM.
Old 02-11-2017, 06:52 PM

stripes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
A one or two days a week daycare, I would understand, but a 5 days a week all summer long type of daycare, just for 1 or 2 one hour interviews a month, doesn't sound right.

That especially with \24hour notice daycare's being available, for $5 a day. Job interviews are most always given at least 24 hours notice.

Arrangements could always be made to allow the access parent to have time while they are going to the interview, and

if child is in school say 8 - 3:30, the parent could arrange interviews to be in morning or early afternoon.

why create unnecessary cost and stick a child in daycare all week long just for 1 or 2 hour interviews a month
You keep coming back to this daycare thing. A parent who works full time or intends to work full time has a legitimate need for childcare. If s/he wants to use you as childcare, that's fine, but s/he has no obligation to give you the kid when it's not your parenting time.

You are not entitled to have the child during the other parent's time.

Child care is a recognized need for working parents.

Child care is a S7 expense.

Drop the fixation on childcare and move on. This is a non-starter.
Old 02-11-2017, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripes View Post
You keep coming back to this daycare thing. A parent who works full time or intends to work full time has a legitimate need for childcare. If s/he wants to use you as childcare, that's fine, but s/he has no obligation to give you the kid when it's not your parenting time.

You are not entitled to have the child during the other parent's time.

Child care is a recognized need for working parents.

Child care is a S7 expense.

Drop the fixation on childcare and move on. This is a non-starter.
and what about in the case of subsidized daycare where the parent is expected to pay for the time they take the child out?

why should this expense be created when the other parent is available and expanded access is in dispute?

I'm fine with daycare it being a once or twice a week thing, $5 visit, during the other parents time. but being asked to pay a crazy amount for when child is not there, sanctioning the amount of holiday access per year, that's the problem. Child is required to be in care majority of summer. unreasonable and not in best interest of child. it is totally a parents best interests thing.

I'm completely against subsidized daycare. it creates more problems for families than it resolves.

there are other daycare options available. many.

when the other parent is available for before and after school care, daycare is not extraordinary.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited by trinton; 02-11-2017 at 07:05 PM.
Old 02-11-2017, 07:04 PM

My son LOVED daycare and begged to be taken there (probably because he was an only child). The daycare had planned outings, interesting activities and a whole bunch of other kids to play with. My son was in an exceptional day care which still exists today and I understand they have quite a waiting list (friend was trying to get their grand-child into it).

Perhaps you are a bit too focused on how your ex spends her days? Micromanaging her life will get you nowhere fast.
Old 02-11-2017, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
My son LOVED daycare and begged to be taken there (probably because he was an only child). The daycare had planned outings, interesting activities and a whole bunch of other kids to play with. My son was in an exceptional day care which still exists today and I understand they have quite a waiting list (friend was trying to get their grand-child into it).

Perhaps you are a bit too focused on how your ex spends her days? Micromanaging her life will get you nowhere fast.
my child hates daycare. is tossed on a couch in front of tv all summer when he/she should be with me (and wants to be with me)

im focused on how my child spends her days. not my ex.

Old 02-11-2017, 07:09 PM

Quote:
and what about in the case of subsidized daycare where the parent is expected to pay for the time they take the child out?

why should this expense be created when the other parent is available and access is in dispute?

I'm fine with daycare it being a once or twice a week thing, $5 visit, during the other parents time. but being asked to pay a crazy amount for when child is not there, sanctioning the amount of holiday access per year, that's the problem. Child is required to be in care majority of summer.

I'm completely against subsidized daycare. it creates more problems for families than it resolves.

there are other daycare options available. many.

Day cares are businesses.

It is reasonable that a business plans/forecasts staff costs.
Hopefully the daycare your children go to are staffed by qualified, dedicated individuals.

Subsidized day cares help single people and couples who live below the poverty line get on their feet.

Why should a child, who is unlucky to be born into a dysfunction family (going through litigation) miss out on a special time to play with some friends?

You get what you pay for. I would much prefer my child to go to a centre which has little staff turnover. A 5.00/day drop in centre cannot possibly hire the same quality of staff as a properly-staffed and funded care centre IMO.
Old 02-11-2017, 07:11 PM

stripes is on a distinguished road

Unless your child is being neglected or abused, Mom's time is her time to arrange as she sees fit. Your time is your time. Mom can't come in and start telling you what to feed Kid or what time he should go to bed when he's with you, and you can't tell her that she has to use you as a babysitter.

The sooner you get past this, the sooner you can move on. You aren't going to win this one.