Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2017, 04:20 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinton View Post
lf32 how did you cope with all of this non sense when you had to go through this?
It wasn't easy. I had some VERY good support here on these forums. I thank god every day for ODF.

I kept thinking about D5 and just how much she means to me. I kept thinking about how much she was probably missing me. I know if she could talk to me she'd say "Fight for me daddy".

PATIENCE, remaining REASONABLE, and DOCUMENTING her unreasonableness is key to achieving what you desire.

I exercised, ate well, worked hard and every spare second I had was dedicated to research and my case. I would have never accepted anything less than 50/50. That was my goal from the beginning and I never lost sight of it.

D5 is doing sooooo amazing now. I have her in Sparks, I fought to get her in school, she's in the best dance class in the city...she's thriving in every area and it's a pleasure to see. My ex has even said her behavior, etc has improved unbelievable since 50/50.

Some parents just don't understand how much 50/50 can cure, both for the parents and the children.

That's why I get so pissed when some parents just wont try it for NO good reason.

And they get a bloody cheering section here for them. Arrgh
Old 05-03-2017, 04:45 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
It wasn't easy. I had some VERY good support here on these forums. I thank god every day for ODF.

I kept thinking about D5 and just how much she means to me. I kept thinking about how much she was probably missing me. I know if she could talk to me she'd say "Fight for me daddy".

PATIENCE, remaining REASONABLE, and DOCUMENTING her unreasonableness is key to achieving what you desire.

I exercised, ate well, worked hard and every spare second I had was dedicated to research and my case. I would have never accepted anything less than 50/50. That was my goal from the beginning and I never lost sight of it.

D5 is doing sooooo amazing now. I have her in Sparks, I fought to get her in school, she's in the best dance class in the city...she's thriving in every area and it's a pleasure to see. My ex has even said her behavior, etc has improved unbelievable since 50/50.

Some parents just don't understand how much 50/50 can cure, both for the parents and the children.

That's why I get so pissed when some parents just wont try it for NO good reason.

And they get a bloody cheering section here for them. Arrgh
Thanks. Yes it was unfortunate legal aid would not fund me with a certificate when I was on welfare but would only fund mom cuz she alleged domestic violence. Of course with a lawyer I would have had sole custody. But nope, legal aid as told me word for word, "it is rare that we will fund both parents for custody disputes, borrow money from your parents." I honestly think it was some high school drop out on that call.

With respect to reasonableness, That is why I'm asking in my situation, would have been more reasonable to state I would be there for the 5:00 pickup time or 4:00 pick up time. 5:00 was what was forced in place for last year but the agreement in writing was for 4:00. of course other parent wants 5:30 because she is accusing me and concerned that I am starving the kids and now want's someone other than me to pickup the kids for MY access. What I am fearing here is that she might just say nope, i don't agree to 4:00, you don't agree to 5:30 or bringing someone else so no access. And this is why I'm wondering if I said ok let's continue with 5 and my lawyer will be talking to your lawyer to discuss changes would have been the way to go as opposed to I will be there at 4 and my lawyer will be talking to your lawyer to discuss changes. What would be the chances of her showing up if I said 5 vs 4. Would a judge have wanted me to say let's continue with what's been in place (5) or let's continue with what we had agreed to initially (4). I will be there waiting from 4 - 5:30 regardless. Mind you this all started because I simply asked to be permitted to get the kids from the school.