Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2017, 01:59 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default offering a settlement for more than what you asked for in your application

situation, I have been wanting to amend my pleadings and made that clear to the courts, the matter was set back for a settlement conference, but I had not yet amended the pleadings and the lawyers are refusing to do so before the settlement conference (although they stated that's what they would do - to bring a motion to amend the pleadings)

the situation now is my offer to settle is going to contain much much more than what is in my application. I have been advised that is okay but there likely won't be any settlement. I am not expecting any settlement regardless as the other party is sticking to her unreasonable final offer.

Has anyone been in this situation before? What usually happens in this case? I feel like the settlement conference is going to be nothing but a complete waste of time and money.

Last edited by trinton; 02-04-2017 at 02:08 PM.