Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2015, 06:29 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Well you might be in the early days of your separation. This part is often the most emotional.... where the dirt is thrown around (calling child welfare on each other, police etc). For all you know she intentionally posts on public media knowing you'll read it - just to get a rise out of you. Recognize it for what it is and don't react.

The next time she wants to stay with you I'd direct her back to the women's shelter. You are playing with fire if you keep in close contact with her IMO. You could be setting yourself up for yet another false accusation.

Cut the cord.

Last edited by arabian; 10-02-2015 at 06:33 PM.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:57 AM

bautista27 is on a distinguished road

That's more difficult than it is. The question becomes "are my decisions resulting in negatively affecting my daughter or am I simply refusing to get along with my ex?"

For example, she asked me to come to my daughter's birthday party this weekend. I know my daughter wanted me to come. Now, do I avoid my ex and ultimately miss out on my daughter's party?, or do I go to the party and focus my entire attention on my daughter and her guests?

Remember, the ex is one who has accused me on the OCL report of being afraid of me and unable to communicate with me.

Now imagine in the trial she is asked why she said that when we were both able to amicably attend our daughter's party and that she was the one who invited me.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:09 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

The best "evidence" you have to disprove your ex's allegations of being frightened of you would be the invitation to you to attend the party. You need not attend.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:31 AM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bautista27 View Post
That's more difficult than it is. The question becomes "are my decisions resulting in negatively affecting my daughter or am I simply refusing to get along with my ex?"

For example, she asked me to come to my daughter's birthday party this weekend. I know my daughter wanted me to come. Now, do I avoid my ex and ultimately miss out on my daughter's party?, or do I go to the party and focus my entire attention on my daughter and her guests?

Remember, the ex is one who has accused me on the OCL report of being afraid of me and unable to communicate with me.

Now imagine in the trial she is asked why she said that when we were both able to amicably attend our daughter's party and that she was the one who invited me.
You thank the ex for the invitation and politely decline as you have plans to celebrate the little's birthday on your own time. And you make sure that you do exactly that, plan a birthday party for her at your place that does not involve the ex.

Both the ex and the child need to get used to the fact that the child has two very seperate homes and short of extra curricular activities that occur at a third party location you don't hang out together, especially in each other's homes but you do celebrate all the same things each on your own time.

Tags
workingdad