Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2015, 11:06 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Only you know what you witnessed and the child said. So I wont make any inferences .. because us readers will never know. You're the poster, so we'll have to give you the benefit of the doubt.

The court had nothing to pin him on. Meaning CHEO found nothing out of the ordinary.

The court's look at everything and weigh the balance of probability that something occurred. When the courts find that, on the balance of probability .. that no foul play occurred ..WITH a CAS report confirming something DID occur ... I get confused.

Why do the court's disagree with CAS? Courts don't need a child to testify .. CAS has the report where they spoke to the kid. I don't know .. just thinking out loud.

You were a wonderful family beforehand. Involved father I assume.

I find it odd that your daughter rarely even asks about him .. given the happy, tight family unit that you were before all this.

Sounds like there were never any police/CAS involvement nor any suspicions whatsoever before this happened either.

I've still never heard of CAS closing a file because they found the mother to be protective. But hey .. stranger things have happened in life.

Do you have a restraining order?

Can you arrange a skype/phone call with your supervision so she can at least maintain contact and since he's been found guilty of nothing?
Old 08-22-2015, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlemommy View Post
The supervised centre told me I could use their facilities until she turned 18. There was never a mention that it would be temporary. All I want is for DD to be protected.

In criminal courts it is extremely hard to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. I was considered credible but there was still an issue of doubt due to the way I talked to DD about the abuse. I had no idea that simply talking to her about it would throw all the evidence out the window. It sucks. A lot.
Yes. Leave the talking to the pro's. Sounds like they feel like there may have been some leading q's or coaching going on.

No way it's going to be a year at an access CTR. Especially when he's been found not guilty of anything in a court of law.

He will do a few months (perhaps more) ... bring nutritious meals, conduct himself appropriately, get shining supervisor reports and bring them to a motion and get unsupervised. That's how it works. If he was found guilty it may be a different story.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:22 PM

Littlemommy is on a distinguished road

I think it is best that I not engage in this anymore. I really, really don't want to get into the nitty gritty details of what I saw, what was said, what the police said, etc. I did not post here asking for validity on the abuse. I know it happened and that's all that matters. I simply posted to ask whether or not OCL will get involved if one parent has refused access.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:25 PM

Fair enough. Yes, the OCL can be involved if one parent denies/refuses access. In fact I've been in that exact position. The dad isn't in a state of acceptance of the situation .. he wants to see his daughter. OCL will investigate everything thoroughly and give their recommendation.

Was that your only question?
Old 08-22-2015, 11:27 PM

Yes. Thank you.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:29 PM

Sheesh. Now I wish I could just delete the whole thread. I really didn't want to air this all out. Oh well, my fault for engaging initially.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:33 PM

Don't worry. Nothing was said that could identify you or your case in any way.

Sorry for the q's. I just found your case interesting.

If there was abuse I truly hope everybody gets the help they need and all works out well in the end.

OCL should help out in this regard as well.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:38 PM

Thanks! I understand by your comments that you have experience with this situation. I did feel slightly attacked but I can understand that you probably have strong emotions invested in this subject.

I'm glad this post won't make a reappearance in court. When you're playing the waiting game before court you just want as many answers as possible. It is very stressful! I will update after court next week. Just want DD to stay the awesome, happy kid she is today.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:45 PM

Nope. Not attacking at all. Promise.

One question though.

After the horrifying incident of sexual assault .. why did you invite him to the mall with the child to go buy clothes?

Last edited by LovingFather32; 08-22-2015 at 11:50 PM.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:50 PM

Because I was broke, he refused child support (Was in the process of trying to get FRO to contact his employer) and the only way he agreed to buy me school supplies was to go shopping together. Because supervised access was set to resume in a month (at this point he had agreed to the centre) I agreed since it was a public space and I had a friend there as well. He ended up flying into a rage and swore at me and brought up access in front of DD. I have proof of this as he admitted his behaviour through text. I told him he blew his chance and to wait for the supervised access. During the intake interview he changed his mind