Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums (http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/)
-   Divorce & Family Law (http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f3/)
-   -   OCL declined to provide service (http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f3/ocl-declined-provide-service-21179/)

paco 07-10-2017 01:01 PM

OCL declined to provide service

I just received a letter from OCL informing us that they've decided that unfortunately they cannot provide service at this time.
The reasoning of their decision is:
"a review of the case history indicates that there have been multiple assessments or prolonged litigation. The case materials suggest that there is little possibility that the involvement of the Office of the Children's Lawyer would assist in resolving the matter. We have now closed our file."

There was only one assessment done in 2013 in the initial litigation which was completed in 2015. My concerns are interference of access of my ex until she terminated the existing access being in place since 2015. So this is the major change since last time OCL involvement. I know that there is no formal way to appeal it but at least I can write a letter to reconsider their decision. What chances are they may change their mind? Any advice of how should I prepare this letter?

trinton 07-10-2017 01:27 PM

sorry. they depleted their remaining budget to my case. jokes aside, need to write a lengthy letter outlining changes since that time, effects on child, and how a neutral party to look into issues to make a recommendation could help bring things to a conclusion. best to have this done by a lawyer.

if you are being denied access then you shpuld be able to get favourable results from a judge without needing the OCL.

paco 07-10-2017 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trinton (Post 222139)
sorry. they depleted their remaining budget to my case. jokes aside, need to write a lengthy letter outlining changes since that time, effects on child, and how a neutral party to look into issues to make a recommendation could help bring things to a conclusion. best to have this done by a lawyer.

if you are being denied access then you shpuld be able to get favourable results from a judge without needing the OCL.

jokes are accepted trinton, anyhow, I motioned her for denied access back in February and a order reestablished access and then I did a separate motion to change final order as amended by the initial order I obtained. As a result for lost access time in the past 2 years I had asked for more access and for OCL involvement due to parental alienation concerns. I guess she's pretty happy that OCL declined service, I just want a know if anyone was successful in having OCL reconsider their decision and what shall I say in my letter to OCL or maybe shall I consider private assessments?

Tayken 07-10-2017 08:24 PM

If you have 10-25k then a Section 30 assessment may be possible. But, you will have to take on the cost and reserve your right to see the costs of the Section 30. If you are prepared to eat 10-25+k in costs then you can get one ordered.

I never recommend assessments or OCL anymore. You are best relying upon the facts of the case and not these "professionals".

paco 07-13-2017 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trinton (Post 222139)
Sorry. they depleted their remaining budget to my case. jokes aside, need to write a lengthy letter outlining changes since that time, effects on child, and how a neutral party to look into issues to make a recommendation could help bring things to a conclusion. best to have this done by a lawyer.

any good private assessors around Toronto area should I consider?

paco 09-15-2017 01:50 PM

So OCL rejected their involvement for the 2nd time.
Since 2 weeks now my ex is pressuring my eldest daughter not to come to access visits, she's 11 years old and technically she's not in that age to decide either or not to come to access, my youngest son is 5. I need an advice, how shall I proceed if my daughter refuses to come with me? The transfer exchange is at the police station today because school is closed for teachers PA day.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

trinton 09-18-2017 12:25 AM

document and mention Next court date. need a New order for OCL based on Child now refusing access.

paco 09-18-2017 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trinton (Post 223618)
document and mention Next court date. need a New order for OCL based on Child now refusing access.

Thanks Trinton, I have a police report from last week Friday confirming children's refusal to come with me. My next court date is a Case Conference but it's not fixed yet, should I bring a motion instead?

foreverhome 09-18-2017 09:41 AM

What does your lawyer says about motion?

paco 09-18-2017 10:29 AM

I don't have a lawyer, but my ex has, I may bring a motion on consent before a Case Conference...but I'm not sure if it's procedural okay to have a motion before the Case Conference.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk