Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2017, 07:21 PM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

You didn't take your kid to school 95% of the time and didn't make arrangements for someone else to?

Also what other effects did your illness have? If you were unable to allow your child to get educated...what else is your ex going to say you neglected to do?

Frankly, this isn't an emergency...its an expected outcome of neglect. The emergency happened when this first started and you didn't formulate a plan.

Yea, I know...I'm not empathetic to this poster....but that's because I'm empathetic to his poor kid. Access to education is a human right that this kid deserved and frankly, I'm glad the mother is trying to get access...that's the right thing for her to do.

This is about the kid...not about the parents. This poster should be consenting to a custody change....very, very bad judgement.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:58 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Hey Iceberg - sorry to her you haven't been healthy.

Perhaps you can shed some light/offer more specific information?

95 late or late and absent... how many absents... how many lates?...how late is "late"? 5 minutes, 10 minutes.

Is your illness ongoing... chronic... terminal?
How is your son's health and how is he doing in school academically?
If he isn't doing well is there any possibility of tutoring?
Old 04-25-2017, 10:09 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
Yea, I know...I'm not empathetic to this poster....but that's because I'm empathetic to his poor kid. Access to education is a human right that this kid deserved and frankly, I'm glad the mother is trying to get access...that's the right thing for her to do.
This was actually really well said. Iceberg .. I think the mom wants what's best for the kid and school, routine and consistency is definitely what's best. Having said that I really wish you well and I hope you recover fast.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:22 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berner_Faith View Post
He didn't ask for empathy but glad to see lovingfather came to the rescue again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry Rock & Berner if I upset you about encouraging posters to wish a fast recovery and good health to "anybody" suffering a serious medical condition (whether they ask for it or not). I didn't know that was frowned upon here. Read Arabian's first line of her last post .. that's all Im saying. There was a poster on here that committed suicide a while back. I just think it's good practice to wish good health when somebody's not doing so well health-wise.

I wasn't trying to rescue anybody or be negative in any way. I was raised to send positive vibes to those suffering an illness (Thanks mom). Geez .. tough crowd. :-)

As I mentioned, I do believe that mom is in the right here though.

Last edited by LovingFather32; 04-25-2017 at 10:35 PM.
Old 06-02-2017, 02:21 AM

The-Iceberg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by involveddad75 View Post
I need more information, how many were complete missed days? and how many were late days? How late were they? Also what is the timeframe of these events.

What steps have to put in place or what resources have you looked into to facilitate you child getting to school? Is there a bus that can take you child to school? If you live too close, but is on the bus route you maybe able to have the school board make an exception and pickup the child on route provided the route doesn't have to change.

How old is the child? What are the issues surrounding the reasons why the child is late?

Lastly and most importantly how is your child doing in school? What are their marks? What is the school's position?

This sort of information can help create arguments and responses to what might be put before the courts.
Missed around 40 days and been also late around 40. Some 15 days can be excused, most later are "excused late". Mother, however, has forced the child to school when he was ill. A few times school called to pick him up. Marks are not good but according to the teachers it is because of his misbehaviour at school rather than lates/misses.

The principal called me once and said he was about to call the government (cas). I made him not to. I have been talking to his teachers and I have been in touch with principal a lot. There were days when the child didn't wanna go to school. I called him and we solved that problem. If my son (grade 4) has no health issues this month he wont be missing any days. I work with teachers to improve marks.

My ex is NOT going to get what she wants. She was practically out of picture for 7 years and only this year she held on 50/50. The weird thing is she has been driving the kid to-from school, picked him up from my place. I haven't ddrove the child to her house almost a year. I never said I can't or won't, she just does it. IDK if that is another tactic but she has a lot to PROVE. Her word against mine.
Old 06-02-2017, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
Hey Iceberg - sorry to her you haven't been healthy.

Perhaps you can shed some light/offer more specific information?

95 late or late and absent... how many absents... how many lates?...how late is "late"? 5 minutes, 10 minutes.

Is your illness ongoing... chronic... terminal?
How is your son's health and how is he doing in school academically?
If he isn't doing well is there any possibility of tutoring?
Hey D. How are you. I just left a reply. Would like to talk to you, its been a while
Old 06-02-2017, 12:39 PM

paris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Iceberg View Post
Missed around 40 days and been also late around 40. Some 15 days can be excused, most later are "excused late". Mother, however, has forced the child to school when he was ill. A few times school called to pick him up. Marks are not good but according to the teachers it is because of his misbehaviour at school rather than lates/misses.

The principal called me once and said he was about to call the government (cas). I made him not to. I have been talking to his teachers and I have been in touch with principal a lot. There were days when the child didn't wanna go to school. I called him and we solved that problem. If my son (grade 4) has no health issues this month he wont be missing any days. I work with teachers to improve marks.

My ex is NOT going to get what she wants. She was practically out of picture for 7 years and only this year she held on 50/50. The weird thing is she has been driving the kid to-from school, picked him up from my place. I haven't ddrove the child to her house almost a year. I never said I can't or won't, she just does it. IDK if that is another tactic but she has a lot to PROVE. Her word against mine.
Is it possible she's just trying to make sure kid gets to school?

Without all the information I will assume one of two reasons for the truancy issue.
1 - Kid misses school and is frequently late for school because every morning it's a fight just to get him to go.
or
2 - Kid misses school and is frequently late for school because parent doesn't get their ass out of bed in the morning to send them, and kid doesn't care.
Old 06-02-2017, 01:09 PM

freckles1234 is on a distinguished road

We had an OCL that recommended custody to my ex even thought hey had 59 lates by March last year... She said the mother is trying and she believes will be better.

We ended up 50/50 on consent and with a clause about the kids not allowed to be late. however I am not sure how the judge would have ruled with the lates.

Either way I agree with the other posters that it is the right of the child and you should be getting him to school or find someone who will. Also, make sure from here on out, there is no more lates/absences.

Hope you get better.
Old 06-02-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris View Post
Is it possible she's just trying to make sure kid gets to school?

Without all the information I will assume one of two reasons for the truancy issue.
1 - Kid misses school and is frequently late for school because every morning it's a fight just to get him to go.
or
2 - Kid misses school and is frequently late for school because parent doesn't get their ass out of bed in the morning to send them, and kid doesn't care.
No. She picks him up from my place and drives him to my place too. Inn the past she would complain if I asked for favour to bring him to my house if it my turn, now she does is all the time and it is costly for gas. Does it with spare tire too. When I say I will bring him she said no its OK. Suspicious.
Old 06-02-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freckles1234 View Post
We had an OCL that recommended custody to my ex even thought hey had 59 lates by March last year... She said the mother is trying and she believes will be better.

We ended up 50/50 on consent and with a clause about the kids not allowed to be late. however I am not sure how the judge would have ruled with the lates.

Either way I agree with the other posters that it is the right of the child and you should be getting him to school or find someone who will. Also, make sure from here on out, there is no more lates/absences.

Hope you get better.
If my child was neglected and hungry or whatever, I would simply let him stay with mom. I have a cook, he has all he needs, I talk to him a lot and do my best to make him grow well mentally, psychologically, and teach him the importance of education. What happend this year is something I will put behind me and have him attend school even if I was sick.

But I am not stupid to keep the kid with me if he was neglected or abused or something. His wellbeing is more important to me than myself.