Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2014, 11:48 AM

OrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
My position is that there was an OCL investigation done.
Sounds like a good start to what you will say to the judge at the conference.

"We had an OCL investigation. The results are XXX. I agree with XXX, because an independent investigator who specializes in custody evaluations took the time to look into the matter. I trust in their professional opinion. I also agree with it because of YYY and ZZZ."

"My ex raises the following concerns, AAA and BBB. However, they are not relevant because of CCC / are incorrect, what happened was DDD. I note that she still seeks a joint parenting regime, despite her concerns. I don't want to throw mud at her, because that will be unhelpful both in reaching a settlement today and in repairing our coparenting relationship for the years to come."
Old 04-25-2014, 06:03 PM

OntarioDaddyMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrleansLawyer View Post
Sounds like a good start to what you will say to the judge at the conference.

"We had an OCL investigation. The results are XXX. I agree with XXX, because an independent investigator who specializes in custody evaluations took the time to look into the matter. I trust in their professional opinion. I also agree with it because of YYY and ZZZ."

"My ex raises the following concerns, AAA and BBB. However, they are not relevant because of CCC / are incorrect, what happened was DDD. I note that she still seeks a joint parenting regime, despite her concerns. I don't want to throw mud at her, because that will be unhelpful both in reaching a settlement today and in repairing our coparenting relationship for the years to come."
What if I don't agree with everything in the report?

For example: The report recommendations state Joint Custody but Primary residency with ex. the ex ha used being the Primary to trump me every time I either disagree or add my opinion. ( The assessor recommended to keep it this as this was the practise)