Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2017, 07:29 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by anail View Post
I just know for sure that the other lawyer was not my own lawyer, I did not have any lawyers at that time), the second lawyer was the one that my husband's lawyer found.
So your husband had a lawyer and then his lawyer found you a lawyer and that lawyer became your lawyer?

If I am reading this correctly, it appears you DID have a lawyer. It appears two lawyers were involved, which could very well mean you had independent legal advice and a lawyer may have signed off stating they provided you legal advice. If this is the case, you may have a hard time having the agreement set aside.

I would start the divorce proceedings and see what comes up. At this time it is an unknown what he has or doesn't have. Unfortunately there isn't much else you can do, as I highly doubt he will provide any documents he has. And I assume that he will state you also received a copy. Either way, if it comes up in the court documents you will receive a copy of it.

Best of luck!