Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2017, 09:19 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
I'm awake. All the judge SUGGESTED in the case conference, according to her post (which is all any of us, including you, have to go on), was to offer the father an extra day. Mother offered two (2).

Judges at case conferences are trying to get parties to agree and avoid trial. That is all. It is disingenuous of you to make the judge's suggestion anything more than it was. You are reading way too much into this. Mother could have totally disregarded the CC judge's SUGGESTION if she had wanted to.

Also I don't get your semantics. How can you possibly know if the father is "BEGGING" or not? You are playing with emotions (trying to be clever) by appealing to bleeding-hearts with comments such as "let's not give him a chance." News alert: He's had his chance... plenty of them... for 8 years!

The way I see it is the father currently has an equal relationship (or at least the door is open for him to have one) but he does not pursue it. The mother has repeatedly stated that she has not turned down the father's requests to spend extra time with the children BECAUSE HE HASN'T REQUESTED ANY.

If you don't show interest in your children's school or extracurricular activities it's pretty difficult for the reader to think that the father cares for anything other than his wallet.
I thought he filed an application seeking 50-50 ?

Last edited by trinton; 05-01-2017 at 09:25 PM.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:52 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinton View Post
I thought he filed an application seeking 50-50 ?
Previous to his application for 50/50 is what I am referring to.

Look this discussion isn't going anywhere and I agree with the original poster that it is time for this thread to end.

Enough said....
Old 05-02-2017, 06:58 AM

Ange71727 is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the very accurate summary Rioe.

With regards to the SC judge, this is exactly what was discussed:

- she asked WHY NOW to which ex bumbled and stumbled on his answer (because really there is no good one)

- she highly recommended mediation because we seemed like intelligent and reasonable people

- she suggested trying one more day added on to one of his weekends on a TRIAL basis

- she did not give a comment on whether she thought one side's argument was stronger than the other

It lasted about 20 minutes and neither side really got into the nitty gritty details at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-02-2017, 08:22 AM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

My point is that she offered one more day because dad made a good impression in court.

I've done conferences .. quite a bit. I know that judges dont usually like to disturb any kind of status quo in conferences, in fact it's extremely rare that they suggest changes in access (increases/decreases).

So this is a pretty significant indicator that the judge felt he will be a good candidate for equal parenting. Conference judges give a glimpse of what trial judges will rule.

I think Ange's great for listening to the judge after they spoke about their case and went over their briefs. I just dont get why she decided to cut him short that miniscule amount in the end.

Quote:
she did not give a comment on whether she thought one side's argument was stronger than the other
She did through her actions of making you give him more access. That's so unbelievably huge in a conference. She's trying to get you used to giving access now as 50/50 will be inevitable at trial.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:20 AM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Also, I don't get why posters are saying he's not asking for equal parenting.

He asked formally in an application, which is the proper way to do so.

My prediction is that this won't reach trial. The parties don't sound like they're at each others throats. No abuse, addictions, OCL reports, CAS, police involvement of any kind. Just 2 parents doing some silly fighting over a few % of time with children.

If this reaches trial it will be a huge waste of time and money IMO.