Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 10-28-2016, 08:15 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,001
rockscan will become famous soon enough

From what I gather from the poster he would be very happy to support his son if he was actually doing anything. Hes not. His ex collects the odsp and cs and kid sits at home doing nothing. Hes 19. How long do parents have to support their able bodied uneducated couch potato kids living with a parent on welfare? If his son wanted to complete school and get a degree OP would be right there to help. Ex and kid dont want him to. She keeps providing just enough info to keep the cash flowing. Hes failed to complete regular high school and is failing to complete a degree at alternative high school. OP is now going forward with an application to cease cs. Who knows, maybe kid will get his ass in gear. Maybe he will come live with dad and finish school. Maybe he will end up on odsp himself. Either way a judge will make the decision.
Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)  
Old 10-28-2016, 09:25 AM
arabian's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 9,960
arabian will become famous soon enough

You are probably correct Rockscan.
My son pulled one on me when he was younger. Son's college was paid in full and when my then-husband and I went on a trip to Brazil he dropped out. I was sooo pissed off (my g/f who was staying with him while we were away emailed me). I didn't even get a partial refund because he had dropped out after the deadline for refunds. Needless to say I sent an email telling him that he had better be working full-time by the time we returned or his ass would be out the door. To this day I remain very disappointed that he did not pursue post-secondary education.

Laws exist to protect and promote the best interest of the child. Sometimes the 'school of hard knocks' works best. Nevertheless it will be interesting to follow this poster's case through the court.
Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)  
Old 10-28-2016, 09:40 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,001
rockscan will become famous soon enough

This action may be the push this kid needs. Hes 19 and being held back by his mother. Im sure theres some psychological issues going on but again, hes 19. No one can make him do anything. Since his mother is being empowered to live this way by odsp and ongoing cs, theres no way this kid can get out. This action will force mom to be accountable and answer to someone higher up. Even if OP is made to continue to pay cs, at least the question about what is going on and what is the plan will be asked and hopefully a solution will be determined.
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
motions... not served??? searching Divorce & Family Law 5 01-26-2013 10:16 PM
Filing Motion to Change - HELP! Tiredofthefight Divorce & Family Law 21 10-19-2012 12:58 AM
Motion filed - What do I do? Fresh Starts Divorce & Family Law 5 05-18-2010 04:46 PM
Procedural Help LV McBroke Divorce & Family Law 5 01-22-2007 11:02 AM
Appropriate Procedure gooddadgoingmad Divorce & Family Law 4 02-19-2006 03:44 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:31 AM.