Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2015, 11:17 AM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Honestly, it sounds to me like this would be best handled in court with a judge. He can detail his offers of contribution and she can explain her reasonings for turning them down to the judge.

The judge will not be happy that she has refused all contributions from him for the sole purpose of seeking a higher contribution. she should have accepted his offers and should she have wanted more for some reason she could take him to court for the difference.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:29 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Yes I would agree reasoning with the woman is futile and get to court. Ex sounds "drama queenish." Only way these sorts of people seem to learn is often by hefty costs awards.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:53 AM

blendedinsanity is on a distinguished road

I think he's learned that trying to reason with her is pointless and personally I think the only way anything is going to change is by court order so its "almost" a good thing that its going to court. But he's worried about their son because she's definitely been dragging him in to it.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:04 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

His son will learn in the long run. Most kids in divorce are pretty astute. Plus, dragging him into it will just make her look worse.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:56 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

At 14 I am pretty sure the kid knows who is starting all this petty crap. Kids are not stupid. I am sure the kid would love an expensive new laptop, but the reality is, he would also accept a less expensive one. The Jean situation is a prime example... he picked out his own jeans but Mom complains because they are not her brand.

Go to court, your partner seems well prepared and reasonable.
Old 10-07-2015, 05:10 PM

OrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
she never even mentioned a material change in her application
A material change in circumstances is required on a motion to change. An original application is seeking a fresh Order. There is no situation from which there can be a change.

Quote:
Second - if he files that does this mean this his counter application for contact only through Our Family Wizard, no badmouthing, etc. gets dismissed as well?
No. Summary judgment can be with respect to all or part of a case. In this situation, he would seek summary judgment of her claim while leaving his claim to continue.

Citation: CanLII - Family Law Rules, O Reg 114/99

Quote:
She refused to provide the receipts and seems to think he's going after the child care issue to get her in trouble (which he's not) but don't you have to provide receipts to the court for any section 7 expenses you are claiming? The only thing she gave was the receipt for the school uniforms.
The onus is on the party claiming an expense to prove that the expense was incurred. Otherwise, how does he know money was paid? How does the court know it isn't a lie? Evidence.

Quote:
Is he obligated to contribute to all this when it is a family thing for them?
Blink's response addresses this well.
Old 10-08-2015, 01:15 PM

blendedinsanity is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrleansLawyer View Post
A material change in circumstances is required on a motion to change. An original application is seeking a fresh Order. There is no situation from which there can be a change.
Sorry I used the wrong wording when I said application. It was a Motion to Change and there is not one single instance in it where she mentions a material change. She talks about needing sole custody because communication is bad, because he refused to sign the dual citizenship papers and because he was interfering in her school choices (he questioned how and why his son was enrolled in Catholic school without his knowledge). My partner pointed out in his reply that she does not mention or provide evidence of a material change. She emailed him and said the change was that dealing with him was affecting her health. Then in the case conference brief she said the change was me that I'm not fit to be around kids. She has now filed an amended case conference brief which I'm going to start a new thread for with new claims. She can't seem to decide what the material change is.