Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2017, 04:20 PM

otttawa_dad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
The short answer is yes you do. A new Financial Statement has to be filed whenever there is a change in financial circumstances .. or there is a court date coming up where finances will be discussed.
After looking through the pile of documents, I've retrieved a previous 35.1.

This document had a bunch of info similarly to a CC brief.

Should I format this new 35.1 similarly?

Proposed access, parenting plan....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
She has denied you any increases in access and I believe a judge told her that a Material Change in Circumstance would be if her parents grew ill and she had to find a sitter. I believe they did fall ill and your ex actually was on a search for a nanny. Now she's forcing her ill parents to care for the child again.... Not to fair for her ill parents just for a court tactic ... but what are you going to do.

YOU'RE still the parent....you come before grandparents ... period.

Yes justice clearly stated during the last round (SC) that if something happened to her parents ie: illness this would constitue a material change. She further clarified that a trip to Florida would not meet the criteria.

I'm a good father who wants to be with his children. There seems to be a reoccurring theme with mothers not allowing children to be with fathers. These "mothers" claim that the only reasons dads want their children is not to have a pay support. I call BS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2017, 04:27 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea, just fill out the financial statement accordingly, reflecting any financial changes from last time. This is separate from a brief. (I'll help you with your brief).

Quote:
I'm a good father who wants to be with his children. There seems to be a reoccurring theme with mothers not allowing children to be with fathers. These "mothers" claim that the only reasons dads want their children is not to have a pay support. I call BS!!!
Yup. Some parents are good at reverse psychology. "You only want access so you don't have to pay"...when really it's..."I don't want to give you more access or I'll lose money".

This becomes VERY evident with parents who won't even allow a 5% increase to the 40% threshold ... they lose money at the 40% threshold. Luckily, judges catch on. All this gross money nonsense will be improved when 50/50 equal parenting is default....like it should be.

But you'll find a lot of that on this site buddy ... dad's only want to see kids for financial reasons...never because they love their children and feel it would be in their best interests .. .that's just unheard of. lol

Last edited by LovingFather32; 04-10-2017 at 04:29 PM.
Old 07-12-2017, 03:49 PM

otttawa_dad is on a distinguished road
Default Motion for change

Time for a quick update to this thread.

My settlement conference on may 26 went well!

I gained more access (overnights) with A3 and A5.

The op lawyer has sent me the (form 25) order: final for review and consent.

I don't agree with several items on the proposed order, mainly a line that says baring energy neither party shall return to court prior to march 2018 review date.

Since all of this the OP has made several decision for the children unilaterally regardless of joint custody.

Hiring a nanny (this was my criteria for the change)
The judge didn't agree

However maybe I should have set a motion to change custody.

Other examples of unilateral decisions
dentist appointments - she removed my name from the file
Visits to CHEO without notification
Daycare for summer coverage
Daycamp
Sports
Refusal to register A3 to proposed daycare.

Furthermore I'm trying to plan summer vacation with the children and she's deny grating further access even though she's working her 12hr shifts.

Is it possible to change my motion material to include these items/facts?

Custody
Access
Communication (or lack there of)

note:
We have a clause that states nothing in order prevents additional access or a revised schedule.

Side note: It took her 2 months to reply to my request for vacation regardless of a clause that states 2 days to respond to communication. I prompted her and received a letter from her lawyer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk