Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2017, 03:10 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default mother's day when the other parent owes you time..

the other parent still has not provided me with a make-up long weekend for the easter weekend she cancelled. she feels I should have taken the weekend she chose and by refusing to do so that I gave up my make up weekend. With mother's day coming up and falling on my weekend, I know she's going to ask to switch weekends or some sort. I still have not recieved any makeup time for easter so am wondering what is best way to go about this.. the may 2-4 weekend coming up is her weekend after mom's day weekend

If she takes this weekend again, this would mean I have only had one weekend with our child for the 6 week period. that is not in the best interests of the child. the plan is if she agrees to me having the may 2-4 weekend as makeup weekend for easter and to switch mother's day weekend with another regular weekend of MY CHOICE, then she could have mother's day weekend, otherwise, no agreement and she will likely cancel the mother's day weekend again and I would have to move forward with contempt motion on 4 counts. or no?

What are your thoughts ? I can't simply let her take my weekends whenever she wants and her telling me what weekends to have as makeup weekends still owing me a long weekend. I'm also going to impose that she agree that I be permitted to pick up our kid from school and drop off to school, if she doesn't agree then there is no agreement.

Last edited by trinton; 05-04-2017 at 03:25 PM.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:29 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

fortunately, father's day weekend would fall on her weekend. I guess best would be to ask to switch with that weekend and I be permitted to pick up our child from school and return to school and ask again for may 2-4 weekend as makeup citing that our child would have only seen me for 1 week in last 6 weeks as my Easter weekend was cancelled..

Last edited by trinton; 05-04-2017 at 03:49 PM.
Old 05-04-2017, 06:37 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Generally, when MD or FD falls on your weekend the child has access to the celebrated parent from 10:00 AM until 7:30 PM on the day of.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:37 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

My husbands agreement states the Sunday with the mother or father of it isn't their access weekend. To simplify things they just switch weekends if the weekend falls in the other parents time.

In your case however I would t trust your ex to switch, I have a feeling she would take Mother's Day and refuse you Father's Day... you should always get your make up weekend before the weekend you miss.

As for when make up weekends happen, that has to be mutually agreed on. She can't say this weekend only and you can't choose whatever weekend you want. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like our ex will be reasonable. In your case you need to have an agreement that clearly sets out every little detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-04-2017, 10:41 PM

Rioe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berner_Faith View Post
In your case however I wouldn't trust your ex to switch, I have a feeling she would take Mother's Day and refuse you Father's Day... you should always get your make up weekend before the weekend you miss.
I agree with this! When you have an unreasonable ex, always get your makeup time in advance of the time you are giving up. It puts you in the driver's seat.