Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2013, 02:05 AM

sahibjee is on a distinguished road

Page 3 test
Old 11-07-2013, 02:18 AM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Are you having issues with pages, too? Mine keeps showing me there is another page but clicking on it goes nowhere!
Old 11-07-2013, 02:36 AM

firhill is on a distinguished road

I think it happened to all threads that oink had posted in.

Those extra pages were readable when his posts formed part of the thread. It seems that when his posts were removed, the extra page number stayed.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firhill View Post
I think it happened to all threads that oink had posted in.

Those extra pages were readable when his posts formed part of the thread. It seems that when his posts were removed, the extra page number stayed.
yes, it was happening. lol why where his posts removed
Old 11-07-2013, 05:50 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahibjee View Post
"dont contact my lawyer anymore she is no longer representing me" this is the third or fourth lawyer who has ditched the ex within past two years.

urgent opinion needed

ex's counsel has not served me with a notice of change in representation. ex has sent me few smses stating she wants to put in writing a "private agreement" which both parties shall sign giving me custody etc and court process can be completed later. how do i go about doing something like that?
Here is what you do:

1. You stop fooling around and trying to get the "perfect" agreement.

2. If what you posted here was truly sent as an Offer to Settle in accordance with Rule 18 of the Family Law Rules it would have been signed by the other party already. All you need is your signature to make it a binding agreement!

3. You go to a notary... You sign the offer to settle and have the notary confirm this... Have the notary make 5 copies of the original document with both signatures on it and seal all 5 copies at true original copies. You keep the original document with both signatures (unless they sent two copies that were signed) and you send one copy signed back that is properly notarized.

4. You do this in immediately.

Good Luck!
Tayken
Old 11-14-2013, 02:02 AM

Thank you Tayken.

i will keep this very short.

ex and i have reached agreement on everything at principal, just need help with wording the following properly regarding support payments to gain the expected result.

we have agreed that any and all arrears that i owe her in regards to SS and/or CS will not be collected/are forfeited. she will not pay CS for now but will start paying from June 1st 2014.

I was thinking perhaps this could be the right wording.

Effective November 1st 2013 the respondent father shall no longer pay Child Support to the applicant.

Effective November 1st 2013 the applicant mother shall pay child support to the respondent.

Any and all arrears owed to the applicant by the respondent until November 1st 2013 are settled against any and all child support payable by the applicant to the respondent until May 31st 2014 such that neither party owes the other any money resulting from any previous court order on May 31st 2014.

would this work?
Old 11-14-2013, 07:23 AM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thank you Tayken.

i will keep this very short.

ex and i have reached agreement on everything at principal, just need help with wording the following properly regarding support payments to gain the expected result.

we have agreed that any and all arrears that i owe her in regards to SS and/or CS will not be collected/are forfeited. she will not pay CS for now but will start paying from June 1st 2014.

I was thinking perhaps this could be the right wording.

Effective November 1st 2013 the respondent father shall no longer pay Child Support to the applicant.

Effective November 1st 2013 the applicant mother shall pay child support to the respondent.

Any and all arrears owed to the applicant by the respondent until November 1st 2013 are settled against any and all child support payable by the applicant to the respondent until May 31st 2014 such that neither party owes the other any money resulting from any previous court order on May 31st 2014.

would this work?
the part in bold I would take out or reword. Its not that the money isn't being collected or forfeited, you are just using it for her prepayment of CS until june of next year.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:00 AM

firhill is on a distinguished road

Change ....
Quote:
to ....

Effective October 31st 2013 the respondent father shall no longer pay Child Support to the applicant.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:06 PM

lexxi is on a distinguished road
Default need a good family law lawyer who can practice in the yukon

hi we are desperately looking for a GOOd family law lawyer that can practice in the Yukon, Canada. There is nobody available in Whitehorse, the situation is desperate!!
Old 06-15-2014, 10:13 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Check out both the B.C. and Alberta law societies. I know in Alberta there were many lawyers licensed to practice in Yukon, NWT and Alberta. Stands to reason you would find some in B.C. as well.

You could also check with the courthouse in Whitehorse and they might be able to help.