Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2014, 06:28 AM

nogoingback is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerDad View Post
:

Dear Satan,

Thank you for advising me that [child] is/has [whatever].

Unfortunately I do not agree with your position that I will be unable to exercise my parenting time on X date due to such condition. According to section X of our court order, I am entitled to parenting time. Section X of the order does not provide that such parenting time is conditional on the child being in perfect health. As a parent, I am capable of tending to [childs] needs in both sickness and in health. Further, being a parent is more than looking after the child while they are healthy.

I also disagree with your position that the [issue] is my fault or resulted during my parenting time. Children are susceptible due getting all sorts of illnesses simply by the vast number of other children they interact with everyday. I don't accuse you or your household of being responsible for [childs] illnesses when [child] comes over for my parenting time, and as such I respectfully request the same considersation.

In closing, it is my intention to exercising my regularly scheduled parenting time. I do not agree with your unilateral decision to withhold the child from my parenting time in contravention of clause X of the court order. As such, I will be at the prescribed place at the prescribed time for our childs exchange. Should [child] not be exchanged due to your unilateral decision to withhold the child, I will treat such interferrance as a denial of access and will seek the appropriate remedy.

I am willing to consider rescheduling my parenting time to a time mutually agreeable. Should we fail to find a time mutually agreeable, the regular parenting time schedule shall continue.

Thank you,

Superdad.
An old post, but wanted to say thanks as it came in handy when I used this today. My ex denied me access because of my daughter's sore throat, and of course threatened to call the police if I dared try taking my daughter during my parenting time. I'm not sure how to handle these situations, but I chose/choose to walk away so as not to put my daughters through police involvement. Ex feels empowered by the use od 911. So frustrating.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:44 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Partners ex did this in 2013 when their 17 yo had a sinus infection (and had been on antibiotics for almost a week). He went to see his lawyer who had done his divorce a year earlier to get a letter. She backed down when he came back with it. And it was a saturday so you can imagine what the fee for that was.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:48 AM

Serene is on a distinguished road

I think a lot of the above is overkill advice.

Lice is a fact of life. It isn't caught by negligence. You need to reinforce you are as capable in lice treatment as mom. The end.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:30 PM

red6419 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serene View Post
I think a lot of the above is overkill advice.

Lice is a fact of life. It isn't caught by negligence. You need to reinforce you are as capable in lice treatment as mom. The end.
Lice is also not a medical condition - my ex tried that when my child had lice - ex said child needed to stay home to "get better". Ummmm what? But thanks for being a douchebag - I'll take an extra long weekend with kid
Old 09-11-2014, 03:51 PM

stripes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by red6419 View Post
Lice is also not a medical condition - my ex tried that when my child had lice - ex said child needed to stay home to "get better". Ummmm what? But thanks for being a douchebag - I'll take an extra long weekend with kid
(not that your ex isn't a jerk, but some child care facilities do ask that kids with lice stay home until they've been treated and the lice are gone - easily accomplished with anti-lice shampoo).
Old 09-11-2014, 04:08 PM

Serene is on a distinguished road

Coping with lice: Why banning kids from class may not be the answer - The Globe and Mail

Interesting read.