Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2017, 02:43 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

hilarious

What an idiot! Hope he's spending megabucks on his lawyer to pursue this.

Of course a simple note from the doctor and pharmacist would shut them down in a nanosecond.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:02 PM

paris is on a distinguished road

OK, well he's grasping to cause problems.

Why did you have to pay for her prescription if she's on your benefits too?
Old 05-16-2017, 03:18 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

You could also ask for proof from the insurance company that shes still on his benefits (its a simple screen capture) and a statement from the company that they are investigating. I have a feeling hes making this investigation up.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:27 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris View Post

Who's got the earlier birthday here? If you have benefits as well then the person with the earlier birthday has to claim the expenses first.

Does child have documented (lab test results) showing iron deficiency ?If so, you could use that to justify birth control pills for iron deficiency.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:37 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Most insurance companies have changed the "first birthday" rule. For separated divorced couples, it goes parent with residential first, spouse of residential parent second, non residential parent third, spouse of no residential last. If you have joint physical custody (ie kids go back and forth 50/50) then its birthdays. This is how my benefits company, my partners benefits and his exs benefits work and they are three of the big ones.

You may want to check with your benefits company regarding their policy on "coordination of benefits".
Old 05-16-2017, 04:58 PM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris View Post

She wasn't on my benefits. Per our SA, he's required to cover her solely...not me. At the time of our agreement (years ago), I was working for a different company and he had better benefits and finally agreed to cover her in our lengthy legal battle.

At this point, its not worth the legal fees to pursue and I know he's dropped her. He's basically on a rampage to cut her off financially since he no longer sees her. He's trying to stop paying CS, tuition, etc. also. So the best bet for us, since we're moving to the US is for us to simply cover her under my current husband's government benefits....which is what we'll do. In the meantime, I'll pay for her medical expenses myself. No biggie really.

I just found it ridiculously stupid that he actually tried to make the claim I was huffing double doses of bc pills. I'd probably grow a 3rd boob if I did that kind of hormone intake.