Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2006, 07:50 PM

FPI is on a distinguished road

My father was part owner and is registered on title. My dad passed away back in 2003, My mom never probated the will. She is the sole execator. The house was registered as tenacy in common, which means the estate goes to the execator. My ex is trying to say the house was left to me. She's fighting my dads last will and testament saying their most likely was another will. When will it end. Why do people become so vindictive. My dad is properly turning in his grave at the moment..
Old 02-06-2006, 11:07 PM

god knows the truth will become famous soon enough

If your ex thinks there's another will, wouldn't the burden (oness) be on her to prove it. YOu can only get the Lawyer to guarantee that your Father's will is the last. If your mother is executor that settles it.
How nonsensical is it that people will spend thousands to get thousands, while causing unbelievable stress, pain and heartache for other(s). Many times it's just to be cold and vindictive, steamrolling over innocent people to "win". The only winners are the employees of the court--I'm sure we pay a huge percentage of their paycheque.
Bless your Dad's soul--he's probably looking down at you from Heaven saying" son, don't worry about trivial things like money, vengence and greed, when you look at the big picture, it's all irrelavant."He's probably very proud of you for standing up for what's right.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:34 AM

Godnowsthetruth,
You are so right, people become so vindictive after seperation. I found my ex went from wanting nothing to wanting to take everything I ever worked for. She served me about 4 months after she left, asking for everthing but the kitchen sink, sorry she wanted that too. I have been tryiing for the last 11 month's to come accross to her. Just last night I begged her to avoid court and let me know what she wants. I would rather give the money to my children than give my hard earned money to the legal system. She laughed when I asked her how much she's spend so far on legal bills. I though it was around $6,000.00 since we still have not gone to court, she laughs and says much more than that. I responded by saying how can you be laughing when your giving money away to your lawyer instead of your kids. I just couldn't believe it.
I know because she hasn't worked she will be awarded Spousal Support and most likely get costs at the case conference were attending in two weeks.
The law must change , why must most men get slaughtered. And your right my dad is watching over me. I pray that thinks get better, I don't know how much more of this I can put up with before it kills me. It's so difficult//
Old 02-07-2006, 03:21 PM

sunday is on a distinguished road
Default hang in there

Dear FPI...hang in there, it will get better!! Your ex is psycologically (not sure if spelling is correct) wearing you down. Just because she is asking for everything doesn't mean she will get everything. I'am female and I'm going through what you are going through. This type of tactic ( bullying ) is unexceptable and inhumane!! Try and educate yourself as much as you can about family law ( court houses have libraries open to the public and free legal advice ) and most importantly stay positive ( for your children ). When it comes to family law you do not need a lawyer. If you can complete the paper work yourself you will save thousands of dollars ( I did ). Are you in a support group for men or counceling? I think its very helpful and uplifting to attend some type of support group. ( power in numbers...buddy system ).
I wish you the very best!!
Old 02-07-2006, 08:26 PM

Thanks Sunday for the encouragement. Your 100% right my ex is wearing me right down. I have been going through hell the last 11 month's and I fear February 22, 06 since it's the day of my crucifixion. I been reading allot of articles and there isn't to many where thinks worked out for us men. My ex doesn’t want to back off, she seems to think that once we attend court she will prove her point and make me out to be a monster. This way she can get everything she wants and leave me to rot. She has been wanting to take me down for a while now, and has made everything go in her favour.
I have been trying to remain strong but it’s so difficult knowing that thinks might get so bad for me. I pray at night’s hoping for the best, I just wish he’s listening…’
Thanks again..
Old 02-07-2006, 11:29 PM

god knows the truth will become famous soon enough

FPI
God is listening to you if you're sincerely asking Him;God doesn't always do things in our time b/c we have human minds and can't conjure up a plan even remotely comparable to His. God sees the future and that his plan will work for you in His timing, not yours, if you sincerely ask Him.
The times when I really want to emphasize to God how sincere I am, though he knows, I picture God sitting on His throne looking down at me and listening to every word I say; I talk to Him like a Father, friend.I stress what I'm feeling and ask why things are happening to me and that I've tried to be a decent person, etc. and 9 times out of 10, I break down crying and then I truly ask God to help me....not necessarily to give me what I want but to help me see things more clearly, positively, and to gve me strength. I usually sleep like a baby after this.
There's a reason why my alias is"God knows the truth"--it's because through the court process I have been verbally abused by ex's Lawyer, my own (1st)Lawyer asked why my ex shouldn't be allowed to drink beer and 'have a joint once in awhile'--He was canned shortly after, I've been lied to, lied about, defamed and so much more!! but they can say and act how they want but God knows the truth about me and the truth of the entire situation. No one can take that away. One day he'll hug me and say"it's o.k. you're with me now". What a relief that will be.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:21 AM

God Knows The truth, Yes I can relate to what your saying, God knows everything and I know one day he will be the one who made me make it through the most difficult times of my life. I pray to him nightly and like you he brings me comfort and I fall asleep. I have been going through so many stages in the last 11 month's, some almost took me down. There are time when I look in the mirror and see this lonely guy just staring at himself crying. This is when I know I need God most. I keep on thinking back to a poem I read : Foot Prints in the sand" I ask God I need you now more than anytimes in my life, please carry me for I cannot go much further. I hope he is listening. My dad passed on two years ago, I also hope that somehow he sees my pain and helps me through this turbalnce that I'm going through.
Divorce is very difficult to go through, My problem is I'm in so much pain over the loss of my children and seeing them suffer so much. Everytme I talk about them to my councellor I break down. I just didnot want them to go through this, they didnot deserve what they got. what happened to our marriage vows for better or for worse. Is thier no meaning to that anymore..
Thank You for your support
Closed Thread