Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2016, 10:51 AM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default material change in circumstance

I'm trying to figure out what things I could argue for material change for my case

basically the changes that have taken in place are

I got a job locally, didn't have a job when order was made and was working out of town prior to that - it was anticipated I would be getting another 9-5 job.

I did get a 9-5 job, but within a year, obtained a flexible work schedule and the ability to work from home - my ability to meet the child's need changed.

Likewise, the mom was on welfare and not working when the order was made, she obtained a job, working in the evenings, and placing child in subsidized daycare - from after school to almost her bedtime, at other times, in the morning before school, and for 6 hours a day in the summer - I am available to care for child during all of this time.

The child wasn't in school when order was made, started kindergarden, and started struggling in school when in Grade 1 and now Grade 2. This was not foreseen. The child is now in tutoring.

The child was 4 when the order was made, she is turning 8 next year and her needs have changed.

The order had no holiday access and no definied mid-week visit, it just says as such further and other times including a mid-week visit - to my understanding, a mid-week visit , by definition is anything from Tuesday to Thursday - not for a couple of hours on a wednesday.

The mom was denying all my reasonable requests for expanded access and holiday access, and changes up schedules to suite her needs by cancelling mid-week visits that fall on special days, such as christmas or new years.

Mom continues to dictate terms and argues for sake of arguing to allege that we don't get along.

I'm hoping with the help of this forum we can battle to the ground some good material changes to argue.