Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2017, 11:40 AM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachnana View Post
You cannot " buy your child". Take all the evidence to a judge and file and emergency motion. If the husband is willing to " sell" the child to you for a quick,payout, maybe he is desperate to do something else.

I think it would be unswise to enter into any agreement of cash for custody.

The fact you have been approached is reason enough for,an emergency motion to gain temporary custody and demand drug and alcohol testing.
And what happens when the drug and alcohol testing come back in the mother's favor ?
Old 03-09-2017, 02:04 PM

HammerDad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachnana View Post
You cannot " buy your child". Take all the evidence to a judge and file and emergency motion. If the husband is willing to " sell" the child to you for a quick,payout, maybe he is desperate to do something else.

I think it would be unswise to enter into any agreement of cash for custody.

The fact you have been approached is reason enough for,an emergency motion to gain temporary custody and demand drug and alcohol testing.
One cannot buy their child. But one can pay money to facilitate the change in custody.

The money buys time. Time builds status quo. Once status quo has been established, it is easier to change the court order.

You cannot think of it as simply buying the child. What you are doing is arming yourself with evidence that the ex cannot maintain custody, and getting the child to your house where they are safe. Once the kid is safe, it gives you time with the child and allows you to further build your case for a change in custody.
Old 03-09-2017, 03:11 PM

fireweb13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to fireweb13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerDad View Post
One cannot buy their child. But one can pay money to facilitate the change in custody.

The money buys time. Time builds status quo. Once status quo has been established, it is easier to change the court order.

You cannot think of it as simply buying the child. What you are doing is arming yourself with evidence that the ex cannot maintain custody, and getting the child to your house where they are safe. Once the kid is safe, it gives you time with the child and allows you to further build your case for a change in custody.
That was very much my point. I know that any financial gain cannot be in writing, but I would need to have the custody in writing so that we can move forward. Once status quo is established I should be in good shape to worry about child tax benefit and child support. If I were to go in front of a judge and lose on an emergency motion I could be further behind. Judges rarely read the material in the first place from what I have seen and heard. I feel very stuck here, but their situation is getting desperate so who knows what will happen if I do not get her out of there.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:02 PM

Janus will become famous soon enough

I don't see the problem with cash for custody at all. For most fathers, $10,000 would be a great deal. Court would be substantially more expensive.

I would have paid that in a heartbeat if my ex had made that offer.

I would dribble out the money in $1000 monthly installments, so that you get at least ten months of custody. Then, as hammer said, once you have the status quo on your side, you file for child support and the other fun stuff.