Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2014, 10:44 AM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
So If I were him , being that the story was adding up, I would locate my children and bring them home and I just wonder what the police would do. I would be in the wrong to do that so she should be in the wrong to do that.
This kind of situation should not be be confusing.
Question If I removed my kids from the family home what would happen next?
no the story isn't adding up..in another post he said he left and now he is trying to say the mother left. He left with the son, she still has the daughter.

If you removed the kids without an agreement then the other parent gets an emergency order to have the kids returned.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:50 AM

Franklin is an unknown quantity at this point

Right. an Exparte order. That makes sence now. Nothing is done without an order, police will not act without an order. You know it is still not fair to children to place that kind of burden on a parent when they, say come home to find their ex has just taken posession and moved. The police should gather the facts and set the motion in order. They have all the info available to them, they are there in person to look into it. Far better than leaving it up to a parent to write the right worded Affidavit, and you must know you must word it right. You must exagerate every aspect to be taken seriously. That is what a lawer should do for you unfortunatley, lie thier ass off.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:14 PM

the police have better things to do then be involved in a family law dispute. That is what the family law court system is for. The police are not there to do motions for family court, they are not lawyers.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:03 PM

Franklin is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats my point. Lawyers are not police. Removing children from the family home is abuse to children and is criminal. Paying a laywer $4000 to make a case for you is worse than criminal. People lie on Affidavits they are not worth the paper they are written on as there are no penalties for misleading the courts. This is a criticle time and money, stress and heartache for a parent is not in the best interest of the children. Period!
Old 04-06-2014, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Thats my point. Lawyers are not police. Removing children from the family home is abuse to children and is criminal. Paying a laywer $4000 to make a case for you is worse than criminal. People lie on Affidavits they are not worth the paper they are written on as there are no penalties for misleading the courts. This is a criticle time and money, stress and heartache for a parent is not in the best interest of the children. Period!

this is getting off topic. maybe you should open your own thread?
Old 04-06-2014, 09:42 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This is a criticle time and money, stress and heartache for a parent is not in the best interest of the children. Period!
It always boggles my mind when a parent puts his/her own interests in front of that of the child. And continues to think they have a valid argument to do so. Along with common sense, it appears critical thinking is missing as well.

eta: by the way, if this OP is for real [which I highly doubt], I'm extremely pissed this is where my tax dollars are going. The OP leaves a child, disappears for 2 years, and is now demanding sole custody of said child? Brilliant - And yet obviously in the botc.

Last edited by mcdreamy; 04-06-2014 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdreamy View Post
It always boggles my mind when a parent puts his/her own interests in front of that of the child. And continues to think they have a valid argument to do so. Along with common sense, it appears critical thinking is missing as well.

eta: by the way, if this OP is for real [which I highly doubt], I'm extremely pissed this is where my tax dollars are going. The OP leaves a child, disappears for 2 years, and is now demanding sole custody of said child? Brilliant - And yet obviously in the botc.
totally agree. He says he didn't want to "rock the boat" as he was hoping to reconcile with the mother. To me you worry about the relationship the kids have with the parents first. He should of had went to court then and got a parenting schedule worked out.

If he was the one who moved from Ottawa to Toronto (or however that worked) then that shows he really didn't give too much thought to the children. If he was the one who moved he should've stayed close to the childrens home to maintain a 50/50 set up.

If she was the one who moved then he should have gotten legal advice the day he found out and got the daughter returned to the area.

I think he is Sol with sole custody with no access. Heck people with drug issues or worse get at least supervised access. He uses the reasoning that he notices child isn't reaching milestones but isn't around to really interact with the child in person. Sorry but Skype isn't good enough to be an involved parent. Its good to keep in contact but one on one is so much better for the child.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:16 AM

paco is on a distinguished road

FYI...it's okay to remove children from matrimonial home by mothers, they're going to shelters claiming that they're "abused" so they clearly creating a status quo by abuse and deceit, and if a father is trying to do this he's allegedly prosecuted for kidnapping, unfortunately this is the reality, no wonder why fatherlessness is growing.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2014, 08:28 AM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

Just so we are clear, do you plan on using every thread you post on to promote your inaccurate perceptions of domestic abuse, false claims and status quo?

Do you think you can step outside of your box/agenda, and comment on this particular thread, in which there has been no domestic abuse claimed and the father has created his own status quo?
Old 04-07-2014, 08:36 AM

paco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdreamy View Post
Just so we are clear, do you plan on using every thread you post on to promote your inaccurate perceptions of domestic abuse, false claims and status quo?

Do you think you can step outside of your box/agenda, and comment on this particular thread, in which there has been no domestic abuse claimed and the father has created his own status quo?
...so what's your point?

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk