Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2017, 09:14 AM

ottdiv is on a distinguished road

The law society ? Sorry, but lawyers policing their own ? While what the other lawyer did is reprehensible and unconscionable, they will not consider this seriously. Like you said, not even a slap on the wrist. They will very likely brush it aside.
There has to be a independent body suitably detached and distanced from the legal profession - that's what I am looking for.

Thanks for the replies and advice.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:22 AM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdiv View Post
The law society ? Sorry, but lawyers policing their own ? While what the other lawyer did is reprehensible and unconscionable, they will not consider this seriously. Like you said, not even a slap on the wrist. They will very likely brush it aside.
There has to be a independent body suitably detached and distanced from the legal profession - that's what I am looking for.

Thanks for the replies and advice.

Well highly doubt you are going to find it seeing as the law society is the one who polices the lawyers. Do they do it well? No... but that's your options. I guess you could attempt to sue the lawyer but I doubt you will get far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-16-2017, 11:26 AM

ottdiv is on a distinguished road

I agree - however, the intention of starting this thread was around discovering any laws, regulations, proscribed methods, rules or other binding elements that a lawyer should abide by. If such laws, regulations, rules can be identified, then we can explore the what, who, when aspects.

Thx
Old 07-16-2017, 02:27 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdiv View Post
I agree - however, the intention of starting this thread was around discovering any laws, regulations, proscribed methods, rules or other binding elements that a lawyer should abide by. If such laws, regulations, rules can be identified, then we can explore the what, who, when aspects.

Thx
The Law Society of your province can direct you to code of conduct for lawyers. It may be available online.
Old 07-23-2017, 11:36 AM

Aghast is on a distinguished road

Were the changes minor? Or did they change the spirit of the order?

If it was minor, or something that should have been there, then do nothing.

If it was underhanded and could cause you damages then talk to a lawyer. Talk to a lawyer that deals in contracts. I know you don't trust lawyers but no profession likes a bad apple, it is a black mark on the whole profession.

Get a second opinion, what may be gross misconduct to you may be minor to someone with no vested interest.

Tags
endorsement, subvert, trial coordinator