Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2017, 10:03 AM

mathatter89 is on a distinguished road
Default lawyerratingz

I've been looking into lawyers and I must say, I think the website lawyerratingz is bull. There's a LOT of lawyers there who have 5/5/5/5 stars, and then the one off 1 star review is scathing. Also, the 5 star reviews all have similar grammar and I just can't believe that hundreds of people are reviewing each lawyer.

It's like those Google reviews - when I dig into each review, I see one review of a lawyer....I mean, who signs onto Google to do ONE review?

Thoughts? It just seems fishy to me.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:10 AM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Up on top sitting on that blue bar is my friend "Search". She can help you find things. She tells me that this has already been discussed. She would be happy to be your friend too.

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...believe-20918/

Last edited by trinton; 06-08-2017 at 10:13 AM.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinton View Post
Up on top sitting on that blue bar is my friend "Search". She can help you find things. She tells me that this has already been discussed. She would be happy to be your friend too.

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...believe-20918/
Thank you.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:24 AM

So it turns out I have two lawyers lined up - just deciding which one to pick after 'interviewing' them by paying for the initial consultation fee.

One has extensive trial experience, one has fewer. Opposing counsel has 0 experience with trials - (this is all on info pulled on CanLii)

I'm going to hazard a guess that in the area of family law, just because one has more trial experience doesn't mean one is a better litigator because the person with fewer trial experience may just mean they settle better?

Thoughts?
Old 06-08-2017, 10:42 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

No cases on canlii doesnt mean no trial experience. Canlii is a sample of cases not all. A lawyer could have ample court appearances they just didn't have a case that made it on Canlii.