Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2017, 12:55 AM

youngdad91 is on a distinguished road
Default just had disclosure meeting - re-conciliation counselling ?

hello,

Quick background: final order giving mom sole custody and me access EOW. No Holiday schedule. I commenced Motion to change to final order on grounds of alienation and denial of reasonable requests to increase access (including holidays). OCL involved and has found mom and family to be disparaging me to child. Child had nothing positive to say about me and just that daddy is bad. Mom alleges that I have been disparaging her to child but OCL found no sign of this, and that child had positive thoughts about mom.

OCL recommendations are:

- mom have final say but that we both be fully involved in all decisions. Does this imply joint custody with her getting final say ? OCL did not specifically say sole custody.

-both parents engage in re-conciliation therapy to clear child's negative thoughts and false images of me.

- my access to be expanded to school pickups and drop offs including overnight every week

-1 weekjuly and summer both parents

-march break alternated, etc.. easter cut in half,

-mom have Christmas eve and day every year and that I get boxing day ( the middle week ) every year returning child on New year day

I have not received the report yet. I am seeking out to hear thoughts on this. My Plan is to get mom agree to have re-conciliation before we get to trial, and dispute the custody and access recommendations. What is best way for me to do that? Do you guys see any gaps or things that don't make sense to you ?

Any questions, please let me know.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:46 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Hopefully LF32 can chime in with his thoughts, he may have some helpful advice for you.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:56 AM

Janus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngdad91 View Post
mom have final say but that we both be fully involved in all decisions. Does this imply joint custody with her getting final say ? OCL did not specifically say sole custody.
Yes, joint with her getting final say. Functionally, pretty much the same as sole custody. Normally I would say to fight this, but since the current situation has you with no custody, I guess this is marginally better.

Quote:
mom have Christmas eve and day every year and that I get boxing day ( the middle week ) every year returning child on New year day
Unless you care a lot about Christmas, that sounds good. Try to make it later on New Year's Day so you can sleep in.

Quote:
My Plan is to get mom agree to have re-conciliation before we get to trial, and dispute the custody and access recommendations. What is best way for me to do that? Do you guys see any gaps or things that don't make sense to you?
Why does it matter if she agrees or not? Sometimes it is better if she doesn't agree. If you are going to trial, and there are some things that will be argued at trial that you are likely to win, then you want them argued at trial. It is important to get some "wins" at trial to get costs (or to reduce costs if they are awarded against you).

To me, part of your application would be a demand for reconciliation therapy, in line with the OCL recommendations. If she opposes it, awesome.