Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2016, 10:21 PM

barriedad is on a distinguished road
Default Joint Divorce - Ontario

Good Evening Everyone,

I've searched and cant find the answer anywhere, i'm hoping someone on here has experienced it or knows...

My ex and I are filing jointly for divorce, we get along perfectly fine and are looking for the most straight forward process possible.

We went into the FLIC and were told to do the following papers;

8A - Divorce Application

-Select Joint, and then under the claims section select we're asking the court for Divorce and support for children - table amount
Question: Under the section of what we're asking the court for, is putting that we want the court to grant a divorce and table amount for children, and then under Important Facts Supporting our claim, just write both of our incomes down and say based on these incomes we've come up with table amount $xx?

36 - Affidavit for Divorce
- One for each of us
- I filled out the section saying the income of the paying parent is $xx but nowhere does it ask for the income of the other parent..
Question: Do I need to write it somewhere else on this form, or is what I put on 8A good enough?
Question 2: Is writing on this form (for both of our submissions) that we are asking for joint custody and shared access and that we review our schedules on a regular basis to decide where our son will be each week and that it's been working successfully since we separated 3 years ago sufficient? (and it does reference we negotiated that in our separation agreement) - or will they insist on us saying on monday he's here and tuesday he's here etc (because that just isn't how it is lol)

In addition to these 2 forms they said we need;
25A - 3 copies of the Divorce Order
and then the form to get clearance certificate.

Thanks everyone for reading and hopefully someone is able to answer my few questions.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:20 PM

Rioe will become famous soon enough

You can put "please see attached separation agreement" or "custody arrangement details in separation agreement" or "as per separation agreement" or whatever is appropriate. But summarize the current, up to date, CS arrangements in the section on the form. I think in the case of 50-50 and offset CS, you would put what you pay on your submission and your ex would put what she pays on hers. The judge just wants to see that CS is being done.

This might help. I know I had the joint version of it at one point but I'm having trouble finding it right now.

http://www.canlaw.com/divorce/Uncont...%20Ontario.pdf
Old 01-14-2016, 11:37 AM

OrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Do I need to write it somewhere else on this form, or is what I put on 8A good enough?
If you are using the offset method, you can put in both party's incomes to show the Guideline amount.

Quote:
Is writing on this form (for both of our submissions) that we are asking for joint custody and shared access and that we review our schedules on a regular basis to decide where our son will be each week and that it's been working successfully since we separated 3 years ago sufficient? (and it does reference we negotiated that in our separation agreement) - or will they insist on us saying on monday he's here and tuesday he's here etc (because that just isn't how it is lol)
You have a separation agreement; you do not need the terms of the agreement to be in the court Order. Asking for the divorce (and nothing else) seems to be what you would like.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:27 PM

barriedad is on a distinguished road

Thank you both