Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2015, 11:19 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Does your oldest have supports for his adhd and odd? A social worker or support provider in school? They would be able to provide a report on how change will affect his behaviour. Definitely make lists of activities and supports they have here and how those provide potential for success. Anything and everything you can gather, do so. Then if she does seek a mobility clause (which Im pretty sure you defend against) you have proof their lives have more support here. She would also have to show what supports she has in place for them out there including care while shes working.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:58 AM

vocircuspants is on a distinguished road

Wow your situation sounds familiar. Looking forward to seeing how it unfolds as I may be faced with similar plans. Unfortunately I have no advice but good luck! Maybe our exes are conspiring together
Old 06-17-2015, 12:03 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
he has been skipping school without consequence
Can you prove this.

Quote:
My oldest has been diagnosed with adhd, and odd (oppositional defiance disorder)
Can you prove this

Quote:
and does not have the maturity of a typical kid his age
Can you prove this
Old 06-17-2015, 02:53 PM

Teddie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocircuspants View Post
Wow your situation sounds familiar. Looking forward to seeing how it unfolds as I may be faced with similar plans. Unfortunately I have no advice but good luck! Maybe our exes are conspiring together
I'll keep this thread updated....although this could go on forever....
Old 06-17-2015, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post
Can you prove this.

Can you prove this

Can you prove this
I can prove he has been skipping school and then engaging in social activities, sleepovers, playing games online etc.

He was formally diagnosed by a psychologist with both conditions.

The psychologists report makes mention of the immaturity.
Old 09-11-2015, 03:17 PM

Update. The guy my ex wanted to move in with in BC has broken up with her and now she is back with her on again off again boyfriend for the last 5 years. Unbelievable how much time and money this woman wasted on another one of her stupid whims.

Of course the courts allow it to happen because anyone can say anything they want in court.
Old 09-11-2015, 03:22 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddie View Post
Update. The guy my ex wanted to move in with in BC has broken up with her and now she is back with her on again off again boyfriend for the last 5 years. Unbelievable how much time and money this woman wasted on another one of her stupid whims.

Of course the courts allow it to happen because anyone can say anything they want in court.
Next time she wants to move, you can point to this incident.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:02 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddie View Post

He then said that my ex has a right to seek a mobility clause if she wants to move. He never offered an opinion as to whether or not she will get one. He did say that if she starts the process that she better not change her mind part way through or he will award full costs to me.
Anything on costs for this?
Old 09-15-2015, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkandimgone View Post
Anything on costs for this?
We only ever attended the case conference and then her and her lawyer went silent on the issue. The master at the case conference warned her that if she started the process of trying to get a mobility clause, she better not back out or she will pay all of my court costs.

There should be costs awarded because my lawyer had to prepare to answer a lot of questions related to mobility. My ex lied in her CC brief by stating that she was in a long term, stable relationship when that isn't the case.