Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2014, 03:50 PM

Luddite is on a distinguished road
Default Job Loss

I am losing my job in 4 months.

My ex has just initiated court proceedings bc she apparently wants another $300 per moth. Yes she is an evil narcissist.

Questions:

1. If she succeeds at court before I lose my job will my payments be based on the income I have at that time or can the court rule that they will change based on a job loss as it is happening so soon.

2. If not and I have to apply to vary the amount how long can I expect and what will the results be? If I have to pay her based on a nonexistent income I'll have maybe 2-3 months before I am bankrupt.

Please.......suggestions, strategies, anything.

She is also trying to take away access to my kids but that's a different story. One thing at a time
Old 04-10-2014, 03:53 PM

FB_ will become famous soon enough

Well you have 4 months to find a job.

Your CS should be based on actual income.

If you lose your job and cannot immediately find a new one that is a material change and you could apply for relief.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:35 PM

MrToronto is on a distinguished road

She won't succeed at anything...once a motion is filed (have you been servered?) you usually show up in Court a month or so later and once there a a case conference date is set (3 or 4 months).....then a settlement conference (3 or 4 months)...then a trial management conf (3 or 4 months)...then a Trial on the origional motion your ex filed...you have plenty of time too a) defend yourself and b) have proof on new earned income...if any c) educate yourself...so you can relax abit until next year...document everything now though for the future
Old 04-11-2014, 04:27 PM

OrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I am losing my job in 4 months.
Find evidence and produce it to your ex.

Why do you not think you will be able to get another job?