Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2011, 03:51 PM

WorkingDAD is on a distinguished road
Default It's (trial) finally over... Now waiting time begins...

Hello everybody (even Gary )
So my ~16 days trial finally done. There are a lot to talk about and I will when I will get endorsement.

Party’s positions going into trial:

Mom:
Sole custody with EOW for dad

Dad:
Joint with parallel parenting with 50/50 time sharing when child attend kindergarten

Mom came to trial with:
1. OCL report which recommends custody to mom and EOW to dad.
2. Status Quo and primary caregiver for at least two years since litigation started.
3. Lawyer paid by Legal AID

Dad come to trail with:
1. Determination and refuse to give up on his child. And probably the biggest bag in court with materials.

Of course we have to wait for justice ruling but here are what I get from his message at the end (and I know now that mom and her lawyer reads my messages on this forum and she can correct me if I misunderstand something) :

1. OCL report and OCL investigator was demolished by father's cross examination. (lasted two days)

2. Status Quo was obtained by false accusation (proven false in court) and do not count. Not sure what was about primary-caregiver. (mom was on a stand about 8 days)

3. The father probably the best prepared self-rep they saw in this court.

4. The father still proposing joint with parallel what surprisingly to a judge base on how case turn out.

5. Judge left two options to consider. Joint with parallel (what he has to work really hard to make sure it will work) and SOLE custody to a dad. I may be mistaken but I did not hear anything about sole custody to a mom at the end.

That’s all for now.

Let’s wait…. Fingers crossed. At least now we can enjoy with little one almost every weekend Fri-Mon up to end of the year (or when ruling will come).

PS:
I would like to see (and I would assume others too) some comments from mom here.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:10 PM

kamkatie is on a distinguished road

I'd be interested in hearing more about the OCL investigation, how they came to their decision and what happened in cross...

Congratulations on completing the trial phase and on all your preparation and hard work.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Banned

Storm is infamous around these partsStorm is infamous around these partsStorm is infamous around these partsStorm is infamous around these partsStorm is infamous around these partsStorm is infamous around these partsStorm is infamous around these partsStorm is infamous around these parts

congrats ))))... now go get some beer )))) celebrate your victory....
Old 10-12-2011, 04:59 PM

thank you
problem is I do not drink even beer and secondly it's far from victory...

I would consider victory when little one finish college and become worthy human...
Old 10-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Banned

Storm is infamous around these partsStorm is infamous around these partsStorm is infamous around these partsStorm is infamous around these partsStorm is infamous around these partsStorm is infamous around these partsStorm is infamous around these partsStorm is infamous around these parts

well from what I read, you won, sole will be to you. Well if you do not drink, have some relax time and enjoy
Old 10-12-2011, 06:59 PM

wretchedotis is on a distinguished road

Whatever the outcome, congratulations for putting in the effort,
I hope things work out for everyone.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:32 PM

fireweb13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to fireweb13

The best thing you can do is now take time to enjoy life. Get a hobby, do something for you now. Congrats WorkingDad, though we should hold our breath until you hear back from the judge I think. I am very happy for you
Old 10-12-2011, 09:18 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingDAD View Post
thank you
problem is I do not drink even beer and secondly it's far from victory...

I would consider victory when little one finish college and become worthy human...
Excellent statement. Demonstrates your ability to parent and that you are an involved parent. Hopefully the tug-of-war ends for you soon.

Good Luck!
Tayken
Old 10-12-2011, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireweb13 View Post
The best thing you can do is now take time to enjoy life. Get a hobby, do something for you now. Congrats WorkingDad, though we should hold our breath until you hear back from the judge I think. I am very happy for you
thank you
I have a hobby. I did not touch my Colnago road bike what I tried to sell actually for whole that time to cover legal fees (had a lawyer for 6 month) for more than 2 years...

And yes - I am holding my breath...
Old 10-13-2011, 03:01 AM

ddol1 is on a distinguished road

I found your relevation heartwarming - it is possible to prevail if you work hard enough and you most certainly did that! I also took note of your opponents reading your posts - something I assume all along. For me I believe in my position and I do not lay anything on here. I try to put an honest potrail of what is happening so I can get good solid advice and comments which for the most part is what this forum is about.

Good attitude - I congradulate you along with the others here. Carry on your hard work and dedication and I am sure your little one will certainly be the better for it!
Closed Thread