Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2015, 09:34 AM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope one of your judges is able to set an example for someone who shows up and assaults you.

Last edited by LovingFather32; 08-30-2015 at 09:37 AM.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:16 PM

nfc4ever is on a distinguished road

Links - would the situation you described be a clear cut case for putting the judge in front of a judicial review board?

Though not a judge I filed a complaint against the legal aid mediator, LAO and my MPP are taking it seriously.
Old 08-31-2015, 01:09 PM

Janibel will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfc4ever View Post
Links - would the situation you described be a clear cut case for putting the judge in front of a judicial review board?

Though not a judge I filed a complaint against the legal aid mediator, LAO and my MPP are taking it seriously.
Good for you for taking a stand though I doubt that it'll do any good? It's like trying to lodge a complaint concerning a police officer (who will be judged by other police officers???).

Rarely does it amount to anything more than a warning and a slap on the wrist. As Links17 wrote earlier - there is zero accountability whether it be biased judges, mediators or Legal Aid.
Old 08-31-2015, 04:52 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfc4ever View Post

Haha.... that's funny
Old 08-31-2015, 10:38 PM

Baffled_Dad is on a distinguished road

Link17, just curious, what does your ex do for a living? I haven't read your previous posts. A friend of mine went thru hell and back with one of these types of judges even when he proved his case. It all came down to his ability to pay. Long story short, his ex had alienated his two daughters and she owed him back pay of $36,000 and the judge told him to work some overtime to make it back. He took it to Supreme Court and the three judges who sat above him and his lawyer would not over rule the judges decision.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:29 AM
Hand of Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled_Dad View Post
Link17, just curious, what does your ex do for a living? I haven't read your previous posts. A friend of mine went thru hell and back with one of these types of judges even when he proved his case. It all came down to his ability to pay. Long story short, his ex had alienated his two daughters and she owed him back pay of $36,000 and the judge told him to work some overtime to make it back. He took it to Supreme Court and the three judges who sat above him and his lawyer would not over rule the judges decision.
Unemployed (She is a healthy, fully bilingual, McGill graduate, who has worked as a student in call centres etc...). Kids are in full-time school and i have them 39% of the time. We have been separated for 3 years now.

The appelate judges told me the same type of thing - (i can make it back). I've been to appeal and the judges told me "We don't agree with how the judge arrived at his decision but we agree with the decision"

Last edited by Links17; 09-01-2015 at 12:32 AM.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:24 AM

whyme? is on a distinguished road

I ran into this type of scenario in arbitration a while back. Anything my lawyer and I brought forward with supporting documentation and evidence was effectively ignored. No evidence or justification required whatsoever with what my ex wanted. I walked out so furious and defeated and naively wondered about what kind of review could be initiated...lol so naive...
Old 09-01-2015, 12:49 PM
Hand of Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyme? View Post
I ran into this type of scenario in arbitration a while back. Anything my lawyer and I brought forward with supporting documentation and evidence was effectively ignored. No evidence or justification required whatsoever with what my ex wanted. I walked out so furious and defeated and naively wondered about what kind of review could be initiated...lol so naive...
Just goes to show why so many people just don't cooperate and evade the system. Its like asking slaves why they are fighting whitey.... Judges once upon a time would say women didn't have a right to vote and blacks were inferior to whites.

Nowadays, its a new form of injustice and because it isn't openly committed - you can't weed it out.

Even if this judge is bias, he won't say anything to prove him to be bias, he is too smart for that. He will just render an unfair judgement and in the absence of a specific action you have no case.

The chief judge in Quebec assigned a judge to handle all my motions and I am sure he did it so I wouldn't get screwed with this judge anymore. He even assigned to the head judge of a district....

Last edited by Links17; 09-01-2015 at 12:58 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:23 PM

Baffled_Dad is on a distinguished road

I found this in an advice column "Courts dispense Law, not Justice – never forget this crucial difference! And yes, if you are a male, the ugly statistical reality is that the Family Courts are horribly biased to the point of being dysfunctional - the institutional failure of family courts comes as a shock to all who enter the system!......so true! I have seen it where a friend of mine who made more money a following year because his income fluctuates have to pay the difference and then his income dropped and now he's in a hole because his payments went up and try to find the extra income to cover the so called short fall. The courts don't make her pay him back if he makes less as an overpayment once it's in her pocket. God knows if there will be a total overhaul to the family law system. I doubt it. It's legalized corruption 101.