Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2005, 11:12 PM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

Chopper,

Ultimately the choice is yours if you decide everything is okay. However what appears to be offered is not 50-50.

Generally there is 9-10 weeks of school summer holidays in any summer. If you exclude the last week to allow time for the kids to adjust and get back and into routine for school, that would still leave 8 or 9 weeks. This does not seem an equal sharing of parential time as you mentioned you were being offered 3 weeks. The other thing to consider is also March break, etc

Generally a 50% sharing regime is when children live with one parent one week and the other parent the next. I also know of some where they have a split week regime, 4 days with one parent 3 days the next and the next week reversed.

For a 50% shared time regime, there definitely has to be great communication between the parents and the children are put first.
The children are going to need both mom and dad support to get through this.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:48 AM

Chopper is on a distinguished road
Default Please help

Would could I ask for to get maximum access to my children and would be accepted as resonable by a judge if going through the legal system is what it came down to.
I have a clean history and hard worker.
Never been in trouble.
Love both of my little guys dearly.
I would like to hear from someone other then a lawyer.....if feel as though they just tell me what I want to hear....cash grab.
Is their any exceptionally known lawyers that deal with fathers rights and have a proven track record?

Your advise has been greatly appreciated.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:24 AM

Grace has a spectacular aura aboutGrace has a spectacular aura about

Joint custody, 50/50 shared parenting would be reasonable to a Judge.

Yes, in every profession there are some bad seeds, but in general I don't think lawyers that go into family law are out for a "cash grab".

Did you try the Legal Clinic in Oshawa, I sent you their web-site in an earlier post?
Old 12-06-2005, 12:55 PM

I am looking into that today. Thank you for the link.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:23 AM

Lisa is on a distinguished road

It is very reasonable in your situation to ask for shared custody of your children. I am sure that the Judge would be fair with that considering that you are wanting to spend maximum time with your children but at the same time are offering your ex the same. i know that most courts are trying to get parents into this kind of custody because most times that is what the children want, aside from their parents getting back together. Come up with a plan and present it the best way you can, just make sure that you dot all your i's and cross your t's. Good Luck!
Old 12-07-2005, 11:25 PM

Default Durham Clinic

I when to the Durham Legal Clinic yesterday. I spent over an hour talking with the laywer there. In nut shell she told me I make to much money to be involved with their service but just the same she talked with me about me situation. She gave me some positive insight and now I am currently persuing a well respected lawyer in the Durham Reagion area.
Closed Thread