Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2017, 01:27 PM

Stillbreathing is on a distinguished road

Yes my ex wanted 100% of the equity and more. His initial offer was that he take all the money, all the equity, I have custody of the children, I pay him child and spousal support. This would leave him with 2.5 million and me with nothing. In addition out of my nothing left he wanted me to pay him 300,000! All after a long term marriage. He is brain damaged . The judges did not understand the bigger picture of what he was asking for when they forced the sale of the home. Now that my new lawyer does, he says we can't get the house back but we can ask my ex to compensate me for my 1/2 of the real estate fees as the matter with the house was handled improperly.

The forced sale of the home is going to bite him in the behind come trial plus the fact it resulted in the kids and I being homeless has already affected even more with his relationship with the kids.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:57 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

1/2 the real estate fees will amount to little.
You mean to say that you cannot get 50% of the proceeds of sale of home? Were proceeds not put into a trust account pending end of trial?
Old 05-13-2017, 03:49 PM

Stillbreathing is on a distinguished road

1/2 the real estate fees is 17,000.00. Money has been in trust for several years now. I will be getting 100% of the proceeds in addition to six figure additional settlement amount. A good chunk of which will go to lawyers fees at trial.