Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2010, 01:01 PM

KeepSmiling is on a distinguished road
Default How long do I have to wait?

In mid July I sent my ex an offer to settle his motion to vary our existing separation agreement. I haven't heard anything!

How long do I need to wait? Is there anywhere that states - "jerk has 30 days to respond or else?"

I want the motion dismissed and I plan on asking for costs. This motion was (of course IMO) frivolous and stupid.

We attended one case conference and the Judge actually looked up and asked my ex why the heck we were all here?
Old 09-30-2010, 01:44 PM

NBDad is on a distinguished road

Did you send the offer WITH PREJUDICE or WITHOUT PREJUDICE and did you tack a "response required by" date on it?

If you didn't put an expiration date on the offer...then he has until whenever to respond to it...keep pushing for the motion to have it settled and by all means ask for costs if it's without merit.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:06 PM

KeepSmiling is on a distinguished road

thanks for the quick response!

It was sent in letter form marked "without prejudice". And now that I look at the letter, nope - no deadline date. My lawyer sent out a quick "what's up?" letter a couple of weeks ago and have heard nothing as well.
Closed Thread