Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2017, 10:45 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default how long did it take for OCL to finish their work in your case

Is 6-7 months typical of the OCL to investigate and hold a disclosure meeting (no report)? Approx 7-8 months by the time the Report is ready?

can this duration of time be used against you for status quo? I mean if you file your application/mtc, and it takes 3 + years and a status quo is built against your favour.. how do you rebut the status quo argument in such case ? It makes no sense to me as then the parents would just have to have primary residency, put out false allegations against other parent to deny 50/50 status quo, and just ride the prolonged court/OCL process to build a new status quo.

Last edited by trinton; 11-06-2017 at 10:48 PM.
Old 11-07-2017, 02:47 PM

plainNamedDad44 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinton View Post
Is 6-7 months typical of the OCL to investigate and hold a disclosure meeting (no report)? Approx 7-8 months by the time the Report is ready?

can this duration of time be used against you for status quo? I mean if you file your application/mtc, and it takes 3 + years and a status quo is built against your favour.. how do you rebut the status quo argument in such case ? It makes no sense to me as then the parents would just have to have primary residency, put out false allegations against other parent to deny 50/50 status quo, and just ride the prolonged court/OCL process to build a new status quo.
The OCL was involved in my matter for close to 4 years. During that time, the children went from residing with their mother to living with their father. The OCL, once having had a chance to see what was going on, agreed with this. All this to say that the involvement of the OCL does necessarily mean that the status quo is frozen. It depends on several things, i.e. will of the children, etc.

Nothing precludes you for motioning for a temporary order for more access, the motion would now simply involve the OCL as a party. What I have learned is that the voice of the OCL is very *powerful* in the courtroom. Regardless, they may support your bid for more access or they may not.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:15 PM

Heart-broken dad is on a distinguished road

10 years, still no report.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:46 AM

XNarcSupplier is on a distinguished road

Who was the assessor in your case?
Old 11-19-2017, 06:09 PM

Heart-broken dad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNarcSupplier View Post
Who was the assessor in your case?
Stephen Pender in Ottawa. Completely useless. Lost track of how many times I asked for my custody & access report. He kept making empty promises, just passing time until my eldest one finally turned 18 and then tells me he's closing the file. The joys of being self-repped....
Old 11-19-2017, 09:18 PM

tunnelight has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart-broken dad View Post
The joys of being self-repped....
Yeah - you don't get the same prestige lawyers do, and so the professionals take advantage of you and jerk you around.