Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2016, 11:56 AM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

What Grandma is doing is very, very wrong, however I do think there are ways you can make it easier on your daughter, seeing as her Grandmother wants to make it more difficult.

Encourage your daughter to check her ipod, encourage her to message Grandma back, things like this will make it easier for your daughter. I understand you may feel it is not in the best interest of your daughter to talk to or see her Grandma much, but the reality is, she probable loves her Grandma and enjoys spending time with her. What she probably doesn't love is having to listen to Grandma put you down, so do everything in your power to make sure Grandma has nothing to put you down for. Grandma can't really tell her Dad is not letting me talk to you, when you are encouraging her to check her ipod etc.

Until this gets sorted out for good in court, you need to do what you can to make things easier on your daughter. Grandma has no interest on making things easy on you or your daughter so that is all up to you.
Old 10-31-2016, 12:28 PM

undersc0re is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berner_Faith View Post
What Grandma is doing is very, very wrong, however I do think there are ways you can make it easier on your daughter, seeing as her Grandmother wants to make it more difficult.

Encourage your daughter to check her ipod, encourage her to message Grandma back, things like this will make it easier for your daughter. I understand you may feel it is not in the best interest of your daughter to talk to or see her Grandma much, but the reality is, she probable loves her Grandma and enjoys spending time with her. What she probably doesn't love is having to listen to Grandma put you down, so do everything in your power to make sure Grandma has nothing to put you down for. Grandma can't really tell her Dad is not letting me talk to you, when you are encouraging her to check her ipod etc.

Until this gets sorted out for good in court, you need to do what you can to make things easier on your daughter. Grandma has no interest on making things easy on you or your daughter so that is all up to you.
Definetly is encouraged. Grandmother seems as though she is entitled to access as a parent, judge told her at the fcc to remember this is not parental access. Seems like she is in the drivers seat and can breach the court order, but if I do its game over. I guess I will have to wait until I go back to court and ask the judge to remove the part of the order that says do not discuss court order or fcc with child etc, because its not worth the paper its written on.
Old 10-31-2016, 12:39 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Keep all the messages. Add them to your file.

There was a case in the news from BC a few months ago regarding a boy being alienated from his mother by his father and grandmother. Maybe go look for that to see how it was presented. Might help!
Old 10-31-2016, 01:04 PM

undersc0re is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
Keep all the messages. Add them to your file.

There was a case in the news from BC a few months ago regarding a boy being alienated from his mother by his father and grandmother. Maybe go look for that to see how it was presented. Might help!
Ok I will try to find that one. Thanks, is there any restriction on caselaw being presented in a trial or hearing, I see how other caselaw is compared when I read some of the caselaw, just wondering if there is any restriction, or if newer ones or local ones are better, which ones would the judge totally take note of etc.
Old 10-31-2016, 04:49 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Court of Appeal decisions (from any Province) are excellent.