Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2006, 09:27 PM

sasha1 is on a distinguished road
Default How do I ...?

.... find out the name of the judge we last dealt with, aside from contacting my lawyer? I've asked him numerous times about it, he keeps telling me he'll look into it, but I still don't know her name. It seems like when my lawyer finally has time to talk to me, I've banked a million issues that I need to bring up, and he just hasn't dealt with some of them. He's got an 'assistant', but I don't think she's a Legal Assistant, because anytime I've asked her to check anything, she always defers to him. I'm tired of my bill accumulating by my asking the same things again and again, yet I want to get a copy of the clerk's notes or transcripts from that particular day, and in order to do it, I need the name of the judge we saw. This was for an interim consent order, BTW. Any thoughts on that?
Old 03-09-2006, 09:46 PM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

sasha,

make a trip to the court house and ask to view the continuing record. Additionally, case management is computerized this day and age and all the registar has to do is enter your name of case or file number bring up your case management files. The public does not have access to this but, generally comments are entered in regards to the held proceeding.

I suspect you could also request a photocopy of any document contained in your continuing record including endorsements. If you did this yourself, you would save some extra legal fees.

Last edited by logicalvelocity; 03-09-2006 at 09:48 PM.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:29 PM

sasha1 is on a distinguished road

Thanks, LV! Sorry it took me so long to get back to this; forgot I'd posted it!LOL!
Closed Thread