Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2014, 07:03 PM

Mother is an unknown quantity at this point

One very simple question (sorry if it was mentioned here already). Why you disagree to give your ex 50% of the time with the kids?
Old 11-20-2014, 07:08 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother View Post
One very simple question (sorry if it was mentioned here already). Why you disagree to give your ex 50% of the time with the kids?
she said she had "valid reasons" but didn't elaborate.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:17 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...gements-17518/

A number of reasons are given here, none of which seem particularly valid.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
she said she had "valid reasons" but didn't elaborate.
Oh, I see...
Trying to think logically.

If the father was a child abuser - she'd mention it, I am 100% sure.

What else the father should do not do to deserve an increase his time with the children? "Nothing" comes to my mind.

Am I the only one here who smells dollars?
Old 11-20-2014, 07:23 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...chedule-18019/

And in this thread on the same topic, she claims it is due to his work schedule and she can't figure out how he will manage, which isn't her problem or any of her business.

Seems most, if not all, of her threads are about preventing him from having equal access to the children.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
Just an aside...

1. Do people not realize how serious it is to not offer fair access to the other parent?

2. Do they not understand that you need valid reasons substantiated with actual evidence to deny fair access to the other parent?

3. Do people that deny fair access every consider how they'd feel if the same thing was done to them?

I'm always surprised how nonchalant people who do this seem to be. They just expect the judge to believe their biased opinion on why the other parent can't have equal access to the children. I often think they're surprised when everyone doesn't just automatically agree with them.

Also, almost every time I read their reasoning to deny access, its completely irrelevant and petty and often more related to the past relationship between the two adults than having anything to do with the children.

Bizarre...
1. These people DO NOT CARE

2. No, they don't. They are hoping the judge will swallow whatever reason they give them; because these people are selfish, greedy narcissists. In the world of a narcissist the only fair thing is what's fair for them. Period.

3. They don't care, because they are narcissists. The narcissists are very different from any normal person and perception of the world is different in their view. The people in the world of a narcissist are not human beings, the are objects who exist to serve them and their needs.

And what the Heck, let's call these people: the majority of them are women/mothers.

Last edited by Mother; 11-20-2014 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:29 PM

Beachnana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Oh, I see...
Trying to think logically.

If the father was a child abuser - she'd mention it, I am 100% sure.

What else the father should do not do to deserve an increase his time with the children? "Nothing" comes to my mind.

Am I the only one here who smells dollars?
According tomthe poster he wants to avoid paying CS so he can buy a new house. She has said she would take less money but keep,the current access status.

It will be interesting to see what he would say in court. I would think if he went into court with the plan, of increasing his time to reduce his payments to enable the purchase of a house with his now stable partner, it might not go that well.

Also I question his plan of coming off night work and picking up the children to drop them off at school just to " count the day". What happens on PD days, sick children situation, holidays. He will still be on night shift.

Both sides need to sit down and be honest.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:29 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

this is a telling little snip of the post blink posted a link to

Now he tells me he wants to be a father and start taking the children more often. I think this is fantastic. It's all I have wanted for the past few years. I'm tired of my children crying every day for their father and I'm worried about their mental health.

so because he didn't take them more she worried about their mental health. Now he wants to step up and she doesn't want to give him 50/50. Kinda contradicts what she says in this thread.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkandimgone View Post
http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...chedule-18019/

And in this thread on the same topic, she claims it is due to his work schedule and she can't figure out how he will manage, which isn't her problem or any of her business.

Seems most, if not all, of her threads are about preventing him from having equal access to the children.
Here I go again, like a broken record: We need an equal shared parenting rights for both mothers and fathers (except child abuse of course). It should be by default.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:31 PM

Beachnana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
1. These people DO NOT CARE

2. No, they don't. They are hoping the judge will swallow whatever reason they give them; because these people are selfish, greedy narcissists. In the world of a narcissist the only fair thing is what's fair for them. Period.

3. They don't care, because they are narcissists. The narcissists are very different from any normal person and perception of the world is different in their view. The people in the world of a narcissist are not human beings, the are objects who exist to serve them and their needs.

And what the Heck, let's call these people: the majority of them are women/mothers.
NOT TRUE. I happen to know one very narcissitic person who puts himself first!